Most recent forum list

How many forum topics would you like to see at the top of the home page?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. How many do you think would be best?

2. 2. Which forums should be included in your opinion?

• General Football Forum
    • Travel to Away Games
    • Prediction League
    • Off Topic
    • Knock knock
    • Pars from Afar
    • Site/Forum Feedback and Suggestions
    • Latest News
    • Introduce Yourself
    • FAQs
    • Local Business Promotion

A couple of posters have mentioned that they believe there should be more recent topics on the home page and they believe it's worth a shot to try and get more traffic on the lesser used forums.

In your opinion what do you think would look better at the top of the home page?  Less or more than the 5 topics that are there currently?  

Also which forums do you feel that is necessary/unnecessary to include?  I know that it's not an ideal solution to what people are asking for but it will act as a bit of a filter. 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was looking for 10 as i think it gives you more to gloss over when you first sign in. I feel with 5 only you have a glance to see if any new posts have been added then move on. Just my opinion. Would love for more members to post and get involved. It takes everybody to make this site more successful.

Was looking for 10 as i think it gives you more to gloss over when you first sign in. I feel with 5 only you have a glance to see if any new posts have been added then move on. Just my opinion. Would love for more members to post and get involved. It takes everybody to make this site more successful.

You're preaching to the choir here. 

Thought Id give this a bump.... its fallen of the 5 most recent topics list on the front page, I doubt many folk will think to look in Feedback and Suggestions forum. 

@GordieBoy80, is there a way to put the poll on the homepage?  Seems to me you'll not get the feedback you want or need if it keeps falling off the hot list?

Five is plenty for me, but that's probably because I'm quite used to browsing individual forums. I think that anything more than 7 would be too many and make the list a bit too long. 

On the forums to include, I went for all but the prediction league. Most aren't posted in enough to clog up the feed. The only prediction league post I don't mind seeing is the reminder, though I suppose that for visibility it could easily just be posted in the General Football Forum.

We can certainly look into this - happy to do whatever is needed.

I've read the comments on the thread re DAFC.net - although I read it regularly, I never post now, as pretty much every post descends in nonsensical arguments pretty quickly.  I like that it doesn't happen here.  Maybe that is why this forum is perceived to be quiet though.  But like @Digs said, I would rather have a thread with 10 decent posts, than one that has 100+, most of which are utter ****!

One other thing - does anybody use the 'Notify me of replies' function at the bottom of a thread?  I have it set as default now, meaning that I get an email any time there is another post.  I find this quite useful TBH.

Keep the suggestions coming though.

Thought Id give this a bump.... its fallen of the 5 most recent topics list on the front page, I doubt many folk will think to look in Feedback and Suggestions forum. 

@GordieBoy80, is there a way to put the poll on the homepage?  Seems to me you'll not get the feedback you want or need if it keeps falling off the hot list?

I don't think I can because there are 2 polls within the topic but I'll have a look. 

Couldn't find anything to allow me to do so @Vinnie I'm afraid.

I'll keep the polls open until Friday night to hopefully collect more votes although the feedback given do far is great. 

Maybe just need to keep bumping this thread back to the most recents?  Itll get forgotten otherwise? 

Seems like the only option atm. 

• The topic was pinned

Archived