Wee girl building site joke

Teuchter

A young family moved into a house next to an empty plot. One day, a local building firm turned up to start building a house on the empty plot.

The young family’s 5-year-old daughter naturally took an interest in all the activity going on next door and spent much of each day observing the workers. Eventually the builders, more or less, had adopted her as a kind of project mascot.

They chatted with her, let her sit with them while they had coffee and tea breaks, and gave her little jobs to do here and there to make her feel important. At the end of the first week, they even presented her with a pay envelope containing ten pounds.

The wee quine took this home to her mam who suggested that she take her ten pounds “pay” she’d received to the bank the next day to start a savings account. When the girl and her mam got to the bank, the cashier was equally impressed and asked the little girl how she had come by her very own pay cheque at such a young age.

The wee quine proudly replied: “I worked a last week wi a real building company building the new hoose next door to us.”

“Oh my goodness gracious,” said the bank worker, “and will you be working on the house again this week, too?”

The wee quine replied, “I will if those lazy ****s fae Travis Perkins ever deliver the ****in plesterboard.”

Archived