Braisby Roofing to be liquidated

I feel sorry for the people who have worked for them and the companies who are due money from them, I dont feel sorry for them!

You now have to ask the question,what do the Braisby family bring to the football club? They wont be able to invest in us. 

This has been coming for a few years.

17 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Braisby has presumably already invested in us given that he is a director and, I presume, a shareholder.  Regardless, it's not really the job of a director to continually add to the club/company's coffers.

We need the directors to run the football club well  and not put us into millions of debt and liquidate us.

Bit of a jump that. I know he's not universally popular but they've run the roofing company successfully for almost 50 years have they not?

Lots of businesses have a shelf-life, maybe their roofing company was on the slide and covid was the final nail? Maybe their focus is on other business interests? 

I don't think the roofing company liquidating should automatically mean that he's unfit to be a director of DAFC or that he's a clear and present danger to our existence.

The fact that we've been run pretty prudently since administration and attracted external investment on the back of being solvent is evidence of that.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Bit of a jump that. I know he's not universally popular but they've run the roofing company successfully for almost 50 years have they not?

Lots of businesses have a shelf-life, maybe their roofing company was on the slide and covid was the final nail? Maybe their focus is on other business interests? 

I don't think the roofing company liquidating should automatically mean that he's unfit to be a director of DAFC or that he's a clear and present danger to our existence.

The fact that we've been run pretty prudently since administration and attracted external investment on the back of being solvent is evidence of that.

His business going into liquidation instead of paying his debts isn't a good look. Some of his creditors could be potential sponsors/investors and could be put off getting involved. 

Presumably it's going into liquidation because it can't pay the debts rather than "instead" of paying them.

Braisby seems to polarise opinion anyway.  I doubt his roofing company liquidating will sway anyone to invest either way - his very presence is likely to persuade some and dissuade others as it is.

For the record, I don't know the man.  It may well be better if he wasn't involved in the club's hierarchy, but I don't think this should be a reason in itself.

Edited by DA-go Par Adonis

Being honest long standing local companies going out of business isn't great. People lose their jobs. 

How it affects the club, if at all is debatable. If they leave, they leave. What David Cook (& Co) need to do it is attempt to bring in fresh investment and fresh initiatives through new personnel to the boardroom. Which I'm sure they're trying to do. 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Being honest long standing local companies going out of business isn't great. People lose their jobs. 

How it affects the club, if at all is debatable. If they leave, they leave. What David Cook (& Co) need to do it is attempt to bring in fresh investment and fresh initiatives through new personnel to the boardroom. Which I'm sure they're trying to do. 

They have moved the staff over to Kwikco,its the sub contractors and companies who have supplied them materials that will be struggling now.