On this day/ Cricket discussion

11 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

That was their score in the 2nd innings.

They were at 10/11 odds-wise. I've tidied up the original post, which was missing a word and didn't make sense!

Makes a bit more sense but England were never 40/1. The second wicket fell after 32 or 33. Hence my confusion. 

Edited by Keyser Soze

48 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

Set up very nicely at Trent Bridge on day 5. England chasing 299 for the win. Time not on their side though. 

Yeah, listening to TMS, fascinating stuff. They made it free to attend today, which would have been very tempting if I lived further south!

England off like a train in this final innings, but Crawley has (of course) rather spoiled that.

All down to Pope and Root I guess. Can't see a NZ win though.

22 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Yeah, listening to TMS, fascinating stuff. They made it free to attend today, which would have been very tempting if I lived further south!

England off like a train in this final innings, but Crawley has (of course) rather spoiled that.

All down to Pope and Root I guess. Can't see a NZ win though.

Yeah you’d have to imagine England will be able to shut up shop if need to be to deny NZ the win if they lose a couple of quick wickets. Refreshing to see England have a proper go though and that’s definitely down to Stokes. Fascinating contest on what looked like a certain draw after two 500+ innings. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

Yeah you’d have to imagine England will be able to shut up shop if need to be 

Indeed, although they definitely have a collapse in them, especially if Root goes early (Pope having just fallen). NZ bowlers not really convincing though, other than Boult.