Donate by Text to DADSC

Stanza

UPDATED WITH CORRECT DONATION INFO 20 JULY 2022. STANZA'S ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS 

You can now make donations by text to Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (DADSC), and UK income tax payers can increase the value of the donation using Gift Aid. 
(Note - this replaces the information on this site last month, as users of some networks had been unable to make donations.)

To donate £1, text DADSC to 70201
To donate £3, text DADSC to 70331
To donate £5, text DADSC to 70970
To donate £10, text DADSC to 70191

If you want to donate more, you can do so online HERE

Please try it out, even just for £1, and you should then receive a text confirming your donation. A second text will ask if you want to donate this amount monthly but you can ignore this if you wish. Please let me know of any difficulties or problems. 

The legalities of how your donation by text is collected:
DADSC is seeking to improve First Floor Access for those with mobility problems, and needs to raise funds for this and for other charitable purposes.
Fundraising, payments and donations will be processed and administered by the National Funding Scheme, operating as DONATE, a charity registered in Scotland (SC045106). In addition to any text donation, you will incur your standard network message charge (based on your service provider rates). For Terms & Conditions, see HERE

ORIGINAL POST - PLEASE DO NOT USE THE DONATION INFO BELOW. CORRECT INFO IS AT TOP OF PAGE

You can now use text to donate from £2 to £20 to Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (DADSC).

Text DADSC to [REMOVED], and you will be instantly asked how much you want to donate. Then type any of 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 15 or 20 (pounds), whichever you choose.

Texts will cost £(your donation) plus one standard network rate message.

Give it a try, and let me know of any problems, so they can be addressed. (And if you want to text several times with different amounts, go right ahead!!)

You may also be asked later if you want to upgrade to a monthly donation, but that is entirely optional.

Thanks to everyone for the continuing support of DADSC. All money raised goes towards getting access to the 1st Floor at EEP for those with mobility problems.

[EDIT: I THINK THERE MAY BE SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE WAY I HAVE THE SYSTEM CONFIGURED. PLEASE CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM TO DONATE, AND I'LL LET YOU KNOW WHEN IT'S SORTED!]

Edited by Stanza
Edited to include the correct into and remove the old nonfunctional method.

Just tried it @Stanza - one comment on the process, is that there wasn't (so far) an acknowledgement text after you state the amount you want to donate. Sent mine at 22:03 and no reply as of 22:09.

The reply after typing DADSC was almost instantaneous, so I'm assuming that an acknowledgement text would have been here by now. 

Would probably be a good idea to have one, partly to say thanks, partly to reassure the donor that the money has got there, and partly because it's an opportunity to provide a further CTA, eg Visit our website (+ link) or whatever.

How's the fundraising going anyway? Really hope we can open up the upper floors to all fans soon. Great work pushing on with this!

SP, I agree with what you say.

I've asked a similar question of the host provider (Donr). I have a dashboard that is supposed to give real-time information but I haven't yet seen any record of any successful donation although I know that at least two people have done the same as you. I'm hoping the delay in their responding might be something to do with it being the weekend, but it's certainly something I would like to see improved.

Re the fundraising, the latest financial information is always on the front of the DADSC website https://dadsc.fife.net but for a mere £5pa you can get DADSC membership and a monthly bulletin (June issue just sent out) giving members all the bang up-to-date information. The online membership form is here: https://dadsc.fife.net/story.php?t=Join_Us&ID=2081 and goes to Timothy, our Membership Secretary, who will send me the email address of any new member(s) - you know what to do ......

• Upvote 1

• The topic was pinned
On 19/06/2022 at 00:42, Stanza said:

I've now been notified of some failures of donations, so there's clearly something not right, perhaps with the way I've got it configured.

Maybe I was in too much of a rush to publicise it before live testing!

Watch this space ....

I used it this the other day. It seemed as if it went through okay.

I assume it's working fine now? 

On 19/07/2022 at 04:20, Piracy said:

I used it this the other day. It seemed as if it went through okay.

I assume it's working fine now? 

The old system has been binned - you will not have been charged for your kind donation.

Here are the new details:

You can now make donations by text to Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (DADSC), and UK income tax payers can increase the value of the donation using Gift Aid. 
(Note - this replaces the information on this site last month, as users of some networks had been unable to make donations.)

To donate £1, text DADSC to 70201
To donate £3, text DADSC to 70331
To donate £5, text DADSC to 70970
To donate £10, text DADSC to 70191

If you want to donate more, you can do so online HERE

Please try it out, even just for £1, and you should then receive a text confirming your donation. A second text will ask if you want to donate this amount monthly but you can ignore this if you wish. Please let me know of any difficulties or problems. 

The legalities of how your donation by text is collected:
DADSC is seeking to improve First Floor Access for those with mobility problems, and needs to raise funds for this and for other charitable purposes.
Fundraising, payments and donations will be processed and administered by the National Funding Scheme, operating as DONATE, a charity registered in Scotland (SC045106). In addition to any text donation, you will incur your standard network message charge (based on your service provider rates). For Terms & Conditions, see HERE

• Upvote 2

I tried the new system yesterday and it works great - you will get 3 texts back to confirm your donation and ask about Gift Aid.

We are just about to go above £50k in our Fund which is exciting ( 3 large donations recently totalling £4k ) so we are very near to our target of £55k ( which will need reviewing given we are 5 years on ) but its great to see what can be done - thanks to everyone for all your much welcomed donations ….

Dave

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, DougieDave said:

I tried the new system yesterday and it works great - you will get 3 texts back to confirm your donation and ask about Gift Aid.

We are just about to go above £50k in our Fund which is exciting ( 3 large donations recently totalling £4k ) so we are very near to our target of £55k ( which will need reviewing given we are 5 years on ) but its great to see what can be done - thanks to everyone for all your much welcomed donations ….

Dave

That's fantastic news Dave. Will try out the new system shortly.

Meantime to avoid anyone arriving on the thread, reading the OP, and using the old method, I've added your updated info to @Stanza's original post and redacted the original text number while leaving the rest (for the record). Hope that's all ok 🙂

• Upvote 1

System working well, thanks all for getting it working.

Two small bits of feedback:

1. It's not clear on the text what NFS is (National Funding Scheme, as I found after I clicked the link), but I wonder if it might be an idea to include the full name in the text? 
  2. Just a pedantic point, but if it was possible to get the Gift-Aid Inclusive total to have two decimal points I think it'd read better: so £12.50 rather than £12.5 

Screenshot_20220720-135423_1.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi Sanguine - apologies, just seen your feedback.

I agree with both your points, and will pass them on to the host provider.

Being realistic, I don't expect any changes. As far as DADSC is concerned it's an off-the-shelf package we are using and we're the smallest of small fry in a very big pond of much larger users! However, if the host provider is taking their responsibility seriously they should welcome feedback from every user, no matter the size, so I'll put your points forward, thanks for making them. 

• Upvote 1

Remarkably, I got an instant response from the host provider, as follows. 

Thanks John for your comments - we always welcome feedback. Please see remarks inline
Kind regards
William
1 It's not clear on the confirmation text what "NFS" is (National Funding
Scheme, as I found after I clicked the link), but I wonder if it might be
an idea to include the full name in the text?
Text messages have a 160 character limit. It's a legal requirement to state who originated the text but if we spelt the charity name in full it would leave fewer characters for the thank-you message.

2 Just a pedantic point, but if it was possible to get the Gift-Aid
Inclusive total to have two decimal points I think it'd read better: so
£12.50 rather than £12.5
I'm sure we can get this sorted at a future iteration.
  • Upvote 1

• The topic was unpinned