Extreme heat

Not sure how much it'll affect Scotland, but the Met Office has issued their first ever red Extreme Heat warning for next week in England.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62177458I

I'm Bristol right now, and it's absolutely scorching already - and I'll be in Leicester on Monday, then travelling south on Tuesday when it might get to 40C. Gulp!

Stay safe folks ☀️😎

On 15/07/2022 at 11:27, SanguinePar said:

Not sure how much it'll affect Scotland, but the Met Office has issued their first ever red Extreme Heat warning for next week in England.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62177458I

I'm Bristol right now, and it's absolutely scorching already - and I'll be in Leicester on Monday, then travelling south on Tuesday when it might get to 40C. Gulp!

Stay safe folks ☀️😎

Feel alot of sympathy from those that will feel the worst of it.  Up here we've been hearing news reports of heat waves etc and getting at hottest 20's with a moderate breeze,   even the latest warning only covers temp ranges in the late 20's, drink a reasonable amount of water, avoid staying long term in direct sunlight and wear some suncream and you will be absolutely fine. its just common sense.

South England will be different, but as usual from the UK media they treat things affecting london and wider area like its the only part of the country

Edited by parsforlife

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Feel alot of sympathy from those that will feel the worst of it.  Up here we've been hearing news reports of heat waves etc and getting at hottest 20's with a moderate breeze,   even the latest warning only covers temp ranges in the late 20's, drink a reasonable amount of water, avoid staying long term in direct sunlight and wear some suncream and you will be absolutely fine. its just common sense.

South England will be different, but as usual from the UK media they treat things affecting london and wider area like its the only part of the country

To be fair, the red warning covers Manchester, Yorkshire and everything down to London. Not sure what to expect here in Leicester! 🙂

I did see a suggestion that the east of Scotland could hit 30 tomorrow though, which would be a fair jump.

Its been extremely warm in Epsom, dog walkings changed from around 07:00 to 05:30. 

Couldn't do evening on Sat and last night took him out at 9pm.

we've a south facing garden so its been curtains shut in the morning til 6pm. Been doing that since March and its never dropped below 20°.

51 minutes ago, Al k said:

Its been extremely warm in Epsom, dog walkings changed from around 07:00 to 05:30. 

Couldn't do evening on Sat and last night took him out at 9pm.

we've a south facing garden so its been curtains shut in the morning til 6pm. Been doing that since March and its never dropped below 20°.

Jeepers! 😞