Cost of Living discussion

Message added by SanguinePar,

Moved this discussion on the Cost of Living from the Players Required thread, with Keyser's post being the starting point for the below discussion. Let me know if I've missed anything or moved the wrong post or whatever!

Cost of living crisis will definitely affect everybody different. Some folk will have savings built up to try and sustain a decent lifestyle. Some will have went into overdraft, who will be generally worried. Some (a big %) will be frantic, as they will be on their arse, having to choose between heat, food and basically having to use foodbanks, or help from family or friends. It'll come to the stage when the masses have to take to the streets, to take the worst government in my time finally out. People already making sacrifices to try stay afloat. I can tell you for a fact it will be cold this winter, without adequately heated houses. I hope Liz Truss first job is to wipe a big egg right aff her pus. The UK is on its knees with petrol hikes, strikes and people out of touch in power. Their day is in the post. Anybody who votes for Tory votes for themselves. 

• Upvote 1

Scott, I was deliberately keeping politics out of it because it is a worldwide problem not just the UK I think that has to be remembered and taken fully into account! 

Russia has turned off the Nos Trum pipeline this now seriously impacts Central Europe with gas rationing already being spoken about for Germany, thankfully Scotland and and have their own gas reserves in the North Sea.

Unfortunatly unlike Norway they are owned be foreign companies same as the wind turbines so we are forced to buy energy at full market value!

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Rengade Master said:

Scott, I was deliberately keeping politics out of it because it is a worldwide problem not just the UK I think that has to be remembered and taken fully into account! 

Russia has turned off the Nos Trum pipeline this now seriously impacts Central Europe with gas rationing already being spoken about for Germany, thankfully Scotland and and have their own gas reserves in the North Sea.

Unfortunatly unlike Norway they are owned be foreign companies same as the wind turbines so we are forced to buy energy at full market value!

I know you kept politics out of it, but this lot in power are prolonging this ****e we are in. Before Covid it was all austerity, austerity , austerity. Most people want to go to their work. pay rent, bills , go to football. cinema , holiday, few pints. That is getting taken away from a lot of hard working folks. Putin has not caused all of our woes. The majority of our predicament is down to these criminals that call themselves politicians. Im clever enough to know all parties look after their own interests. but this lot just now need removed and pronto. Anyways. lets hope a real change gonna come.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

Why doesn’t folk say I’ll pay the £150 for my heating/electric bill as that’s what I have used? im £600 in credit so stopped paying mine with e mail sent… they have my money for no reason apart from making interest in it!

I cancelled my DD, which they tried to talk me out of. My last year estimated bill will be dramatically reduced, as one radiator will be going on in the winter months. Plenty blankets to counteract being cold. Loads of cuts made for stuff I could live without, ie Sky, Netflix, football, silly cookery club membership, shopping expenses I could go on.

These bassas won't break me, but sadly others, especially suffering from mental health and elderly may pay a high price. Rotten to the core government and big business funding them. 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, scottyboy said:

I know you kept politics out of it, but this lot in power are prolonging this ****e we are in. Before Covid it was all austerity, austerity , austerity. Most people want to go to their work. pay rent, bills , go to football. cinema , holiday, few pints. That is getting taken away from a lot of hard working folks. Putin has not caused all of our woes. The majority of our predicament is down to these criminals that call themselves politicians. Im clever enough to know all parties look after their own interests. but this lot just now need removed and pronto. Anyways. lets hope a real change gonna come.

Austerity was because of Labours wilful neglect of budgets! The note in the Chancellors notes saying there was nothing left was entirely true.

Balancing the books is a requirement  for all business and government!

tacking up debt is often the downfall for both as debt and interest needs serviced! 

Due to the pandemic we have incurred massive debt!

I hate to say it but the huge immigration issue at the moment is only exasperating the situation.

No matter who is in power the self serving MPs MSPs will be totally fine in all parties!

the current situation is not Tory caused they are currently the party in charge of trying to fix it without bankrupting the country. Like Greece did a few years ago!

• Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, scottyboy said:

I cancelled my DD, which they tried to talk me out of. My last year estimated bill will be dramatically reduced, as one radiator will be going on in the winter months. Plenty blankets to counteract being cold. Loads of cuts made for stuff I could live without, ie Sky, Netflix, football, silly cookery club membership, shopping expenses I could go on.

These bassas won't break me, but sadly others, especially suffering from mental health and elderly may pay a high price. Rotten to the core government and big business funding them. 

Now you are talking ****e you work for Sky and get Sky, broadband and Netflix free! 

• Downvote 3

11 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Comedy Please GIF by Alayna Joy

Just over 3000 last week arriving in small boats over the channel been the same for weeks! All requiring accommodation and feeding mainly Albanian where no war or persecution exists!

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/migrants-detected-crossing-the-english-channel-in-small-boats-weekly-data 

Edited by Rengade Master
  • Downvote 1