Cost of Living discussion

Message added by SanguinePar,

Moved this discussion on the Cost of Living from the Players Required thread, with Keyser's post being the starting point for the below discussion. Let me know if I've missed anything or moved the wrong post or whatever!

8 hours ago, Secure Par said:

I really think Truss will be worse than Maggie Thatcher!

She is and the modern Tories are. Thatcher at least was a *%&£ up front, she told everyone what she intended to do and why.

This lot are way more sly, self-entitled and sociopathic in their collective behaviour toward ordinary people. They think we exist for their benefit. The fact they drank and yahooed their merry way through that pandemic while people died alone enmasse told us all we need to know about their ethics.

Johnson is a proven lying ba$tard and his cabinet were of his ilk. This replacement Truss will crash and burn as well as she's no different You need morals, ethics, empathy and emotional intelligence to govern effectively, which are qualities they're apparently short or devoid of. 

• Upvote 4

On 03/09/2022 at 14:33, Rengade Master said:

Scott, I was deliberately keeping politics out of it because it is a worldwide problem not just the UK I think that has to be remembered and taken fully into account! 

Russia has turned off the Nos Trum pipeline this now seriously impacts Central Europe with gas rationing already being spoken about for Germany, thankfully Scotland and and have their own gas reserves in the North Sea.

Unfortunatly unlike Norway they are owned be foreign companies same as the wind turbines so we are forced to buy energy at full market value!

Politics aside there is a pertinent point here. Norway are completely self sufficient in renewable energy and generate revenue from sale of oil and gas. I would love to look on all these windmills we have in our country and offshore and be proud some French company wasn’t selling our electricity back at the going rate. Should be bought back and nationalised