Am I on hallucinogenic drugs?

GG Riva

I drove up the dual carriageway through the public park at around 11.30 this morning. Just after the pedestrian flyover at the foot of New Row, I met a man and his dog walking on the road towards oncoming traffic. I rubbed my eyes and slapped my face, to no avail. My passenger confirmed that he`d had the same hallucination.

Anybody else see it? Absolutely crazy. 😨

On 09/12/2022 at 16:09, GG Riva said:

I drove up the dual carriageway through the public park at around 11.30 this morning. Just after the pedestrian flyover at the foot of New Row, I met a man and his dog walking on the road towards oncoming traffic. I rubbed my eyes and slapped my face, to no avail. My passenger confirmed that he`d had the same hallucination.

Anybody else see it? Absolutely crazy. 😨

Yeah, a bit stupid as you won't see him until you reach roughly the station entrance by which time most people will be doing at least 40mph. I have seen someone walking up there before in the summer, a man and woman. They looked like they may not understand the rules of the road here to be fair but it seems like it's an easy way to access the dual carraigeway and probably needs sorted.

3 hours ago, Digs said:

How did he even get there then? From the bus stop? There's no where for him to even go at the end as it's thorny bushes at the top IIRC, especially with a dog. 

Definite Darwin Award nominee.

Good question. The bus stop is the most plausible explanation. Why he embarked on such a dangerous route is inexplicable. I swear if I'd been alone in the car I'd think I'd imagined it, but my mate was making similarly incredulous exclamations alongside me.