Big Yogi.

scottyboy

Aberdeen CEO phone Dunfermline Mr Cook..

“Hi there, John Hughes has sent in his CV for the managers job and looking to see what he was like around the club and team”

”hello is anyone there…. Hello”

A yogi and Peter Grant as assistant would be class😅

Edited by Secure Par
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Really? I always had the impression that he was an a***hole and a bully. God help Aberdeen if they get that pudding in.

100%

Pars fans were adamant that would work for us. Christ I was nearly banned from here for suggesting it would end badly and his type are complete dinosaurs.

11 hours ago, scottyboy said:

Have Aberdeen ever been relegated from the top division?  I remember Roy Aitken came close a few decades ago. 

No, they haven't but should have been. I think they finished bottom one year but we're saved by reconstruction and there was also a season when they finished second bottom but beat us in a play off. 

There was also a season when they beat league leaders Rangers at Ibrox in the very last game, to save themselves. Rangers were still champions thanks to Celtic beating second top Hearts at Tynecastle. 😃

As for your impression of Yogi, you're not so much agonisingly wide of the mark as hitting the corner flag. Ask players who have played for him if you're in any doubt.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, GG Riva said:

No, they haven't but should have been. I think they finished bottom one year but we're saved by reconstruction and there was also a season when they finished second bottom but beat us in a play off. 

There was also a season when they beat league leaders Rangers at Ibrox in the very last game, to save themselves. Rangers were still champions thanks to Celtic beating second top Hearts at Tynecastle. 😃

As for your impression of Yogi, you're not so much agonisingly wide of the mark as hitting the corner flag. Ask players who have played for him if you're in any doubt.

Such as Bobby Barr who was frozen out immediately going back to a small minded grudge when they worked together at Livingston prompting his Rovers team-mates to vote him Raith Rovers Players' Player of the Year purely to spite Yogi?

Weirdly enough, Kevin Cuthbert who he had a dressing room altercation says he had a bully mentality in this article...

https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/kevin-cuthbert-why-i-had-stand-john-hughes-raith-rovers-141656

Edited by Deutsch Par
Tidying up grammar and adding link