Sturgeon and her legacy

Her self congratulatory speech was vomit inducing the other week.

She failed with the closing of the attainment gap, Covid deaths in old folks homes, worst drugs deaths in Europe, the tried cover up on Salmond, Fergusons shipyard fiasco, reduced number of college places available, criminalisation of fitbaw fans etc

Most worrying NHS Scotland in turmoil. They're looking at integrating health and social care more closely. It'll offer the opportunity to open up a lot of community health services to the private sector. They've been privatising the NHS by stealth for years. They're driving home a procurement process that will offer the private sector opportunities to tender for all sorts. Tender on more than 1500 procedures, including a range of operations such as heart, cancer and brain surgery. There's been £150 million set aside over five years to finance the implementation of this process. NHS will hopefully remain free at a point of need, but, that doesn't mean it's not being privatised, because it already is.

She had failed to deliver on a unified, a progressive and a fairer Scotland. She very effectively managed to close down opposition witin her party, and has managed to ensure that Scotland is now more divided than ever. She had also, remained in the same statistical rut by ensuring the SNP have enough votes to win elections, but the SNP are no closer to delivering independence. She failed to bring onboard those who are not SNP voters, but want an independent Scotland (me).

Sadly for Scotland we're in limbo. A fractured, broken nation that has an inept Goverment with no effective political opposition. We cannot move on as a society, we're effectively stuck, and meanwhile we'll all keep burling round looking for both blame and inspiration.

• Upvote 2

Nicely summarised - her only real achievement was the implementation of a pretty successful child care policy - elsewhere a total disaster - focussing on Independence at the detriment of everything else - worryingly the three potential replacements are Charlatans - the politics of the UK is a complete and unmitigated disaster 😢 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm pretty much done with SNP. I'd have loved independence, but there are far more urgent  priorities just now, health being the main one. Was at the Vic yesterday with relative and the system is broken down i'm afraid. Docs and nurses are fantasic, but i'm afraid the former health minister wasnt doing a good job under difficult circumstances. I know loads of council houses are riddled with damp and mould, with a two month backload for an inspector to visit. People shouldnt be living in these conditions in this day and age. Woman in the Dunfermline Press last week saying her childs bed has bugs in it. I actually emailed D Chapman, oor MP that i voted for aboot damp. He disnae deal with council complaints and passed me onto a counciller. I wont be blinded by indi at any cost, which is still in some eyes, the end of all of our problems. I'll still never voted Tory. **** them. 

• Upvote 1