No ticket sales for NW at Edinburgh game (18/3) - ST holders will get their usual seat

SanguinePar

Best just no throw stuff, then the problem with closing a stand will dissapear. Too many coins, lighters, pies and cups of whatever get tossed at the opposing players. Usually the guy that takes the corner. Whatever happened to calling someone a fat baldy bassa? 

Edited by scottyboy
It no cool kids

2 hours ago, Digs said:

Ok, a few things. 

Whether they meant it or not is beside the point because it’s not the first one they’ve damaged, and after the first time it collapsed they continued to do it. I think it’s pretty naive to think they’d behave differently by asking nicely. 

Regarding identifying them, I totally agree with you, that’s why I said ‘after the fact’ which I presume is one of the reasons for only allowing ST holders to attend. I also agree with what you’ve said about how to do it. That’s my point when I say the police and stewards didn’t do enough. At one point, the watched a young lad struggling to light one, you could see it flashing despite his best efforts to hide it, a policeman saw him, pointed to him and told a steward and then stood and watched him throw it 🤷‍♂️😂

On your last point I Cant say if there were anyone in the pitch from the Norrie, I never saw any but my opinion is the same. I also didn’t see any pyro from the Norrie either and I saw them all getting thrown. The only one that came close to the Norrie was the one that Todorov kicked away after the goal but that came from the NW too.

I also don’t have problem with Pyro per se, but the police hate it and as such we unfortunately have to do as they say when it comes to that until such times as a safe agreement for use is reached but that doesn’t look like happening any time soon. 

I am unaware of previous damage to a banner.   If that’s continuing behaviour it’s harder to justify but i still doubt they are fully aware of the consequences.  on identity, I think the club has done everything to stop throwing items before game, but I find your after the fact I represention strange, you don’t need to watch video live, it can begin easily 2-3-4 days * after where the club who have plently of footage to act, what part of that is different?

There was certainly fans going over the barrier/though the gates at the norrie, but maybe didn’t reach the pitch purely down to the extra distance. I will happily concede if the smoke bomb came from the NW, I didn’t completely follow its entrance and saw it mostly burn in front of the Norrie. 

On pyro and other possible disputable points like minor pitch incursions,  whilst it’s not the clubs role to decide what is and isn’t lawful it is absolutely the clubs role to tell police Scotland to wind their neck in and treat football fans fairly. 

Edited by parsforlife

4 hours ago, the saline hill puma said:

Maybe police Scotland could've done there job on Tuesday night, in identifying the people responsible and booting them out and the club could then ban them. CCTV all over the ground.

Instead the club punish folk who pay at the gate. Nah they can shove it and the £20 to get in for the rest of the season. 

Lol, you're going to miss the rest of a title winning season because of this? Chuckle. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

Absolutely buckled that posters on here who were involved in literal riots at football games are on here having a pop at young lads behaving exactly how they did at that age. You know who you are. 

Get what your saying and was no angel as a kid (not yesterday) but things, as you are aware, have moved on a tad since the battle of Dumfries or throwing bananas at Mark Walters. Pyro whilst apparently cool for the kids is f@cking dangerous both in the crowd (in the hands of someone skelped with tonic) and on the field, flinging  vapes, lighters and stuff if just plain stupid. I had a word with one wee lad about flinging **** but the problem was there were not enough “sensible” regulars amongst the kids to self police.

The atmosphere created was fantastic (that Ukrainian lad wanted to come nowhere near the NW for a corner) this was through very loud enthusiasm and song, not flinging **** on the pitch or at players/officials. 

Hopefully the club can look to engage with the young boys and point out what their (minority) actions mean to DAFC. From where I was standing there were huge numbers of folk in the Norrie looking to be part of the NW, unfortunately this will not happen next week. As a club we need to tap into this to expand the fan base as that was one hell of a game with the potential to capture a youngsters support forever.

• Upvote 2

There were folk in the bottom corner of the Norrie who encroached onto the track after the 2nd goal went in. I know them, and they're usually in the NW. The black smoke bomb thingy, came from that bit of the Norrie. Everything else, all from the NW. I did witness fans in the NW roaring about not chucking things. The club will attempting to limit the damage here, that's obvious. For me chucking anything like a vape, coin, lighter etc should not be tolerated, everything else, no issues. 

• Upvote 2

I don't know how much pressure the board/club were under to act, but they obviously felt a need to do something - especially as it wasn't the first time it happened.

As such, keeping the stand open for season ticket holders and stopping walk-ups for 1 game doesn't seem to be much of a sledgehammer.  If they'd shut the NW for the rest of the season or something similarly draconian, that would have been disproportionate.  

I do hope the club have some dialogue with the fans in the NW though.  They go home and away and generate the best atmosphere we've had in years.  I would hope that Cook et al could convey the message that they are a massive asset in general, but need to self-police against chucking stuff on the pitch as that's when the football authorities/police start taking an interest.

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

Congratulations to the heavy handed behaviour from the club for costing us a win. I hope they’re  proud of themselves 👍

Just keeping the fans entertained, if we won today the league would be over.

Great business acumen, this sort of foresight should be applauded.