Pars v FC Edinburgh

Superally

After the disappointment of a postponement at Peterhead especially after an excellent home win against Falkirk the risk is could the Pars lose momentum with the enforced layoff. However the Pars are back home and welcome FC Edinburgh to  EEP. With three quarters of the season over the Pars have two 100% records against Edinburgh and the other team being Alloa. Against Edinburgh the Pars have scored 5 goals in total with no reply. The last meeting was a 1-0 away win in January with Wighton scoring from a MacDonald assist. However Edinburgh sit third in the table and must be considered a decent prospect for a playoff place but recent form has not been good with only two wins a draw and 3 defeats in their last 6 matches and their last outing was a 2-0 home defeat against Alloa. But we should be cautious as they are the Leagues third highest scorers with 52 goals. The Pars form over the same period highlights we have drawn once and won 5 scoring 13 goals and have 4 clean sheets only conceding 4 goals to Airdrie. There might not be 9500 on Sat but I suspect there will be more than 3950 who attended at the last Edinburgh game. Edinburgh still have much to do to confirm a playoff place so the game will be tight but I expect the Pars to make it 4 out of 4 and win 2-1. COYP

• Upvote 1

Think the team will have their feet back on the ground by the time this comes around. The team is getting stronger as the season goes on. 

Todd and Hamilton have gone up a gear last few weeks and KRH is giving us quality in wide areas that we haven't had all season.

I just can't see many in this league stopping us at the moment. Normally reluctant to get too confident with Pars but I'll stick my neck out and say 4-1 Pars.

On 12/03/2023 at 20:02, SanguinePar said:

Peterhead postponement might be a blessing in disguise if it lets the players (especially Comrie) recover in time for Saturday.

Edinburgh seem to be slumping, as many predicted they would, so hopefully the Pars will get the job done and QoS will do us a wee favour against Falkirk.

Agreed, the Pars didn't need a midweek game this week. They should be raring to go and enough time has elapsed since the win over Falkirk to focus everyone's minds. 

Edinburgh's stated aim was to stay up. Making the play offs would be a real bonus for them. I hope we start on the front foot and get after them from the start, rather than the cautious first halves we've seen several times at home. The sfans can become frustrated and that can help the away team. 2-0 Pars for me.

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

Agreed, the Pars didn't need a midweek game this week. They should be raring to go and enough time has elapsed since the win over Falkirk to focus everyone's minds. 

Edinburgh's stated aim was to stay up. Making the play offs would be a real bonus for them. I hope we start on the front foot and get after them from the start, rather than the cautious first halves we've seen several times at home. The sfans can become frustrated and that can help the away team. 2-0 Pars for me.

Stop talking sense