Season Tickets

Superally

I was told yesterday that next seasons preparations for the Championship are well underway already and Season Tickets will be on sale from Wed 3rd May. I believe there will be small increase as expected but there will be emphasis on getting younger fans through the gate like this season. I'll be renewing mine so I'm aff to count out my money jar. COYP 

21 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I get that £20 may be seen as a red line for some but it was going to be breached at some point and on the back of a promotion isn’t too much of an issue for me

Tend to agree with all that. I suppose its a balance The club will need additional funds as the player budget is likely to be more and we want to be competitive. However we need fans through the gates too. I feel the increase is reasonable 

18 hours ago, the saline hill puma said:

£21 for walk up, will be giving a few more games a miss at that price.

Charging more than £20 for 2nd tier football is a disgrace imo 

None of us like paying more for something but, if we want the manager to put out a competitive team in the Championship, he's going to need to strengthen the squad. Better players will want better wages. Income from other sources is still pretty meagre in the Championship. Once taxes are deducted, less than half of your £21 is profit. Factor in inflation and you'll realise that David Cook has made a very good job of squaring the circle.

Failure to provide the manager with an adequate budget,  would almost inevitably result in a relegation scrap next season. None of us want that. I want to see us in the promotion mix. If we can't achieve that, I want us to at least be well clear of the strugglers.

1 hour ago, GG Riva said:

None of us like paying more for something but, if we want the manager to put out a competitive team in the Championship, he's going to need to strengthen the squad. Better players will want better wages. Income from other sources is still pretty meagre in the Championship. Once taxes are deducted, less than half of your £21 is profit. Factor in inflation and you'll realise that David Cook has made a very good job of squaring the circle.

Failure to provide the manager with an adequate budget,  would almost inevitably result in a relegation scrap next season. None of us want that. I want to see us in the promotion mix. If we can't achieve that, I want us to at least be well clear of the strugglers.

All very good. But I'm not paying a price that I don't consider reasonable, so from me they have lost £20 (which I would also consider a poor price but it's my limit I'd pay) rather than gain a extra £1.

I could get a season ticket to bring the price down but with the likely chance of a fair few games being moved to a Friday it's pretty pointless for me.