No to B teams

livipar2

I certainly hope that they vote against what is being proposed.  Many clubs joined the pyramid system to get a chance of making it to the SPFL and the goalposts are being moved to suit the big clubs.

I have no objections against B teams in the pyramid system per se, as long as they start at the very bottom and work their way up on merit and promotion is capped at Lowland League or Highland League.

Being shoehorned somewhere in the middle is a ****ing joke.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Deutsch Par said:

I certainly hope that they vote against what is being proposed.  Many clubs joined the pyramid system to get a chance of making it to the SPFL and the goalposts are being moved to suit the big clubs.

I have no objections against B teams in the pyramid system per se, as long as they start at the very bottom and work their way up on merit and promotion is capped at Lowland League or Highland League.

Being shoehorned somewhere in the middle is a ****ing joke.

Very reminisant of them trying to shoe horn Rangers 2.0 back into the league set up.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, livipar2 said:

Presuming that the Pars will vote against the creation of a Conference League and the inclusion of B teams within it?

Or at least canvas fans for our views that I would imagine would be overwhelmingly for ‘No’.

Certainly hope so - in a season where the club have already done a few things I strongly disagree with, I hope they make the right decision this time.

Some of the opinions i have read on this have been spectacularly ill-informed nonsense, driven by the selfish attitude of the fan bases of a mainly two teams. 

If you call yourself a football fan, you can't be in favour of this. They are effectively relegating 200 clubs who have all spent money in the last 4-5 years to become senior clubs with the carrot being able to progress up the leagues should the wish. The likes of Kelty, Bonnyrigg, Edinburgh, Cove, and now Linlithgow possibly have shown that it works. 

This is before you even start to talk about the relative merits of development and who it is benefitting, because it's not Scottish football as a whole or young players in general. The current system already provides a place for players who have slipped through the net to make it in their own time. I know of at least two players that have now got a League club contract, one in the premier league, due to having played at EOS level and having never been Pro-youth. 

This must not happen and any club in the current Lowland set up that votes for this in the interest of filling their own pockets, is an absolute disgrace.

• Upvote 11

I don’t agree with B teams anywhere in the pyramid but if they apply at the bottom tier and work their way up to the lowland/highland league level then fair enough.

To propose relegating all bar 6 teams is an appalling offence against football. Even proposing this idea shows that those running Scottish football are completely out of touch.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Fifes Elite said:

I agree with the comments above, nothing more to add tbh

I see Brora have said they are in favour of it

Brora allegedly threw the SPFL playoff a few years back because they didn't want the extra costs incurred by more travelling.  I wond£r what's chang£d?....