Premiership / Championship play offs

Superally

16 minutes ago, Superally said:

Hamilton & Airdrie play off for the Championship place, should be a decent game I'm not sure who I would want to join us in the league next season. 

Airdrie will take care of them I think, but I wouldn't be unhappy if Hamilton stayed up - I'd fancy us more against them (and it might help us relieve Airdrie of some of their better players!)

2 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Airdrie will take care of them I think, but I wouldn't be unhappy if Hamilton stayed up - I'd fancy us more against them (and it might help us relieve Airdrie of some of their better players!)

Yep I think I would go with that too. It still seems open with who comes down from the Premiership but Dundee Utd are looking very shaky atm. In truth I would prefer a team that wouldn't be an obvious fav for promotion   

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Superally said:

Yep I think I would go with that too. It still seems open with who comes down from the Premiership but Dundee Utd are looking very shaky atm. In truth I would prefer a team that wouldn't be an obvious fav for promotion   

Yeah, Utd would be funnier, but with Dundee gone the Championship looks wide open next year. Utd coming down would spoil that a bit.

7 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I think the best result is St johnstone somehow finishing bottom and 11th winning the play-off.   11th winning the play-off being the more important part of that,  If one team chucking money at it is bad 2 is certainly worse.

I think St Johnston would be my best option as I think they are on a downward spiral but I think they are perhaps too strong for the relegation spot, probably a play off at best. I think both Dundee Utd and Kilmarnock have too much resources and would be strong contenders to go straight back up. I'm not sure how much resources Roy McGregor will want to keep pouring into Ross County but ideally I would want either them or St Johnston to drop down to the Championship. I think the league will be pretty open next season and If we were in a position to challenge I would be happy.   

8 minutes ago, the saline hill puma said:

Hamilton have been really poor since Airdrie got the lead, like watching us under Hughes. Plenty of the ball but doing nothing with it. Don't think Airdrie keepers made a save

Edit .... Airdrie down to 10, seemed a harsh 2nd yellow

Very harsh 2nd yellow .. Hamilton happy to block and breenge  Airdrie wanted to play football 

• Upvote 2

I can't see Ayr coming back from that, especially if Chris McGuire plays. He's been a complete waste of a shirt every time I've saw him for Ayr. 

Thought he cost them at least one goal tonight, misplaced so many passes tonight.