Premiership / Championship play offs

Superally

1 hour ago, The Roy Barry Fan Club said:

Met Gabby McGill a few times and thought he was a very pleasant young guy. Just never thought he'd make it as a footballer. How wrong I was. His quick fire right footed shot and then left to score was top drawer. Congratulations to him and the other ex Pars in the Airdrie team.

I bumped into him at Rudding Park hotel in Harrogate just before the start of our reduced season in 2020.

Sat the table next to him with my pars face mask, he started laughing and couldn't believe it. Was a bit worried that we'd signed McManus and O'Hara. Great lad and a decent head on his shoulder's. Spoke about how he wanted to do better, Jackie Mac and the abuse his Dad was getting at York

I thought he would have ended up York after his final loan with us beside his Dad again. Did well at Airdrie be interesting to see how he and Smith step up.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, scottyboy said:

Was impressed with the quality of the penalties. Some pressure. The Championship will be a tough league next season. 

I think a few fans are in for a fright. We've had a great season but I don't think we've faced any decent quality. Its going to be an interesting one for sure.

Teams won't be as defensive but they are going to offer a far stronger challenge.

Looking forward to it.  

8 hours ago, Al k said:

I think a few fans are in for a fright. We've had a great season but I don't think we've faced any decent quality. Its going to be an interesting one for sure.

Teams won't be as defensive but they are going to offer a far stronger challenge.

Looking forward to it.  

We bit unfair as I think there was a bit quality in the division (especially Airdire who proved more than a match for Hamilton). More teams will have a go next year which should allow us to play a bit more, I think it will be a tough division but not so much of a fright.  

I don’t think there’s much difference between the bottom of the Championship and the top of League One but across the leagues as a whole it’s a step up. We are probably better prepared for the step up under James McPake than we were in 2016 given the pragmatic focus on defending and outworking our opponents.

It looks like the Championship will be quite even and competitive. The final line up is still to be decided but atm we have 

Airdrie

Arbroath

Dunfermline

ICT

Morton

Queens Park

Raith Rovers

And the addition of three of the following

Dundee Utd, Killie, Ross County, Partick & Ayr Utd

Some big games in the Premiership tonight that may have an outcome in next seasons Championship. Four teams left in the in the relegation battle but St Johnston are safe from the relegation spot but can still technically drop into the play off place. With 39 pts they are probably most like to be safe. There is only three pts separating Killie, Ross County and Dundee Utd. All four teams play each other but the biggest game tonight is probably Dundee Utd v Killie. Who ever gets the play off place will face either Partick or Ayr Utd       

• Upvote 1