Transfer nonsense, gossip & rumours

Superally

2 hours ago, Digs said:

This is what I said when his name was first mentioned when he left Hearts. From the jambos I know, he was a less than inspiring team mate, talking down to young players, falling out with people etc. Not the type of player we need in our close team.

I heard the opposite from Jambos when speaking to them and it was others in the dressing room undermining Neilson.

1 hour ago, Fifes Elite said:

I heard the opposite from Jambos when speaking to them and it was others in the dressing room undermining Neilson.

As I said before, they could be wildly inaccurate, but it was specific to how he treated one young player in particular. 

That's why I changed slightly from what I'd said originally and said I'm happy with McPake's judgement, but I possibly wasn't that clear. If he does his due diligence and it's good, I'm happy to trust him. 

2 hours ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

I'll take your word for it re his actions when he was at Livingston as I don't remember .  He is from the East End of Glasgow rather than Wester Hailes though.

It obviously didn't end well at Hearts when Naismith axed him, but he seemed to play in the Premier League and Championship down south for years without developing some sort of reputation as a disruptor.  

All I am saying is that if McPake signs him, I'll reserve judgement rather than proclaim it as a disaster waiting to happen.  

Fair enough regarding reserving judgement, that's fair.

I personally think it's too much of a gamble for a club with a restricted budget. His age means fitness and staying injury free is a bigger gamble than signing a younger player. It's also easier to positively influence and develop (socially & physically) a younger player. He'd be after a decent salary too I'd imagine.

Snodgrass has had a few issues at clubs, not just Hearts. We can do without the potential for being dragged through mainstream and social media for the wrong reasons.

All about assessing risk and the accompanying mitigations. Maybe I'm overtly cautious in my outlook due to poor decisions in recent seasons. 

The first thing Naismith done when he took interim charge was show Snodgrass the exit door. We will just need to trust McPake. He signed Paul McGowan who has been in a lot of trouble off the park but he knew he would not be a bad influence in the changing room. 

The season we got relegated we had at least three players with the wrong attitude and all are thankfully away from the club.

20 hours ago, Superally said:

I see former Par Lewis Martin has left Kelty for Brechin City 

So sad to see him plating HL level. 

When he broke through I genuinely thought he was capable of playing at least ScotPrem football eventually. The injury seems to have knocked him back completely from his time with us.

• Upvote 2

Another decent signing I'd say, be interesting to see what we have coming in.

Think its going to be a hard season, if Partick can hold on to their team, Queens have an OK squad, united you'd expect to main team and Rovers improved on paper.

So far you could say Airdrie are the only team weakened.