Transfer nonsense, gossip & rumours

Superally

Paton is the only I would take from league 1 tbh. We should be looking at signing players already playing in the championship or lower premiership/young lads on the verge of playing in Premiership. 
we have a very strong young pars lads coming through but that could take a year or 2. We have to sign Fisher as he is quality but I’m sure McPake and co have already put to the board who they want.. 

Edited by Secure Par

One thing I've heard McPake say a few times now (that impressed me) regarding player recruitment, is how important player background checks are. They work hard to ensure the players have the right mentality to fit their ethos regarding team ethic. You can see the benefits of this given how we've performed as a unit over the season. This affected our recruitment in January given we did not rush out and just bring in players based purely on availability. He also said they are now getting phone calls from Agents who previously pretty much ignored us. I'd have thought we've already got a number of players that have been identified for some time now. Exciting times. 

2 hours ago, Piracy said:

One thing I've heard McPake say a few times now (that impressed me) regarding player recruitment, is how important player background checks are. They work hard to ensure the players have the right mentality to fit their ethos regarding team ethic. You can see the benefits of this given how we've performed as a unit over the season. This affected our recruitment in January given we did not rush out and just bring in players based purely on availability. He also said they are now getting phone calls from Agents who previously pretty much ignored us. I'd have thought we've already got a number of players that have been identified for some time now. Exciting times. 

Absolutely stoked for next season already and I’ve no even been on my summer holidays yet. Back seriously in love with the Pars❤️

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Burrell released and some rumours of him coming here. Not sure what to make of that 

I would have thought they would have wanted to keep him and renew his contract. Looks like he is opting to go elsewhere. Is he good enough to go up a level - i'm not sure

1 hour ago, Superally said:

I would have thought they would have wanted to keep him and renew his contract. Looks like he is opting to go elsewhere. Is he good enough to go up a level - i'm not sure

I'm not sure on him, caused us trouble the first game. Unsure what his contract situation was, think they had an option to renew, he might have refused?

Could even be cost cutting especially as they paid a fee for Allan who's hardly had a shout.

I've no idea if Burrell would be any good for us.  He looks like he is a bit of a handful if utilised properly but didn't ever cement a place in the Falkirk starting XI.  One thing I would say though is that I'd trust McPake & Co if they did sign him.  As he said on Open Goal the other night, we've only made 3 permanent signings since he joined - Little the sub keeper being one, with Benedictus and Hamilton being the others.  Pretty good record in the loan market too.

• Upvote 2