App

Hi @char.  Welcome to the forum.  An app is something that we are looking into, and Tapatalk has been looked at although we have concerns about how the platform used for this forum would interact.

The IPB software that we are using was chosen after trialling it, mainly by mobile because of how easy it was to use and configure.

We are constantly looking at ways to improve the forum, so please keep the suggestions coming.

Is there a forum or feature that you would like to see?  Please let us know.

Hi @char.  Welcome to the forum.  An app is something that we are looking into, and Tapatalk has been looked at although we have concerns about how the platform used for this forum would interact.

The IPB software that we are using was chosen after trialling it, mainly by mobile because of how easy it was to use and configure.

We are constantly looking at ways to improve the forum, so please keep the suggestions coming.

Is there a forum or feature that you would like to see?  Please let us know.

Have you spoken to Milos Drizzle at all? He and I did a wee bit of work on a multi-forum Tapatalk app which basically looked and functioned exactly the same as the dot.net app. 

Issues with Tapatalk and multi-forum use meant it never panned out as intended, but I wonder if it could be applied to this place?

Yeah we have spoken to him briefly already.

We're just not sure how compatible the two are at the moment.

Ah fair enough - yeah, I just tried opening TPC on a beta version if that app, and it didn't work. Would be awesome if it did though.

Don't get me wrong, you guys have done a FANTASTIC job makingng this site mobile compatible, it must be like night and day for folks used to using dot.net on mobile but without the app. But I loved being able to customise EVERYTHING about it, from colours to text size to app behaviour and so on. That's part of the reason why I tended to still use dot.net all the time, not long after joining TPC.

Probably not top priority, I know, but just my tuppence worth. Thanks for all the effort that's gone into this site.

Hi @Vinnie . Was it this method you used? 

"If you are using Apple's Safari browser, go to ThePars.Club forum list and hit 'SHARE' from your settings drop down. A few icons will appear including thepars.club icon with an 'Add to Home Screen' option. Press this and it should add thepars.club icon to your home screen. Much like this (Screeny is android, but previous tests have confirmed it works on Apple devices too).

Screenshot_2016-01-05-13-58-59.png

Cheers! 

Just whilst Im trying this, if I try to save a bookmark in Safari, the box is simply a big "F" for "Forums - Pars Club Forums - The Independent Fans Forum"! That has been editted and is now "P" as in "Pars Club".

If I save to my home screen, the icon is an image of the page I saved, which is the forum list.  

I cant add an icon on the bookmark list on Safari, I can only edit the name I save under.  If I save the icon to my home screen, it changes image to the last page I read. 

Hopefully thats useful to you?  

There is an option to add to home screen, but the icon isnt a Pars Club logo, its simply a screenshot of the page.  And that screenshot changes to your last page view if you return home. 

Although that pic is an old iOS version?

Ok thanks @Vinnie. I'll look into it.

There is an option to add to home screen, but the icon isnt a Pars Club logo, its simply a screenshot of the page.  And that screenshot changes to your last page view if you return home. 

Although that pic is an old iOS version?

Ok thanks @Vinnie. I'll look into it.

Hello hello!

Is it just me or are the advertising banners throwing the page viewing out of sync on mobile viewing? 

image.png

Archived