Health and Safety Overkill

Vinnie

Dunfermline isn't too bad - I could have got into school OK I reckon - but Falkirk and Stirling seem to have it pretty bad and staff at schools come from all over. A lot of pupils also come by bus, and while they might get in they might not be able to get home. It doesn't help that a lot of motorists don't seem to know how to drive in snow. That's what causes accidents and blocks roads etc.

Dunfermline isn't too bad - I could have got into school OK I reckon - but Falkirk and Stirling seem to have it pretty bad and staff at schools come from all over. A lot of pupils also come by bus, and while they might get in they might not be able to get home. It doesn't help that a lot of motorists don't seem to know how to drive in snow. That's what causes accidents and blocks roads etc.

Let me correct that for you.... "It doesn't help that a lot of motorists are idiots and don't drive to suit conditions in the snow". ;)  For the most part, bus routes and main roads are pretty clear from what Ive seen. 

Folk have been well warned about this weather, leave for work early, get a bus for the commute if youre too scared to drive. Get out of bed half an hour earlier, check the reports and the travel apps.  Have a plan B.  The country doesn't need to shut down. 

Regardless of what folk say I watched the weather reports and listened for once regarding travel.

The snow has been on here since 6.30 when I got up this morning. This is to go on for another 30 hours or so.

A907 closed toward Carnock-Oakley at the moment. No one should be surprised given we were warned.

Guest The Beer Baron

Yet some people still find themselves completely amazed when winter weather hits. Does my nut in, it's good to check the forecast every few days.

Yet some people still find themselves completely amazed when winter weather hits. Does my nut in, it's good to check the forecast every few days.

I think we live in a world where we have so many news sources that they all wanting to capture the headlines that everything is sensationalised.

With all the exaggeration of trivial matters, when they really do need to share important details, folk dont treat it which the attention it deserves.

Guest The Beer Baron

There's a lot of good points in there but there are credible sources to find weather predictions without sifting through sensationalised bull****.

Archived