Cryptocurrency

Anyone had a punt on these? 

I’ve put a few quid into XRP @ $0.6, XLM @ $0.29 & and the big lad BTC @ $8000. Last few days has seen a wee increase in on XRP & XLM and Bitcoin just seems to be hovering around $8k at the minute.

Not invested my life savings in it, just wanted a bit of the action and would have regretted it in a year or two if any of these were to kick off to the heights seen around Dec/Jan there. 

I guess the way that global economies are working it makes sense to invest in one of them - especially the way we spend so much online. 

To me, its a bit like VHS vs Betamax, or HD DVD vs Blu-Ray, where one will be adopted as the global standard.  I'd say that Bitcoin is likely to be the standard, but for any real return you'd have to put several grand into it.  

Lots of positivity around Ripple at the moment, so hopefully XRP can take off. My investment has seen approx £450 profit in last couple of days just on XRP / XLM, I expect it to go down again before it goes up. Seen some crazy predictions that bitcoin could reach $200k by 2020.... it seems nobody really knows. They could all crash and burn tomorrow, or a few could go on a crazy bull run right up!

54 minutes ago, El Patrón said:

My investment has seen approx £450 profit in last couple of days just on XRP / XLM, I expect it to go down again before it goes up. Seen some crazy predictions that bitcoin could reach $200k by 2020.... it seems nobody really knows.

That's a decent return in a short period of time.

Cryptocurrency is probably the emerging market to get involved in.

I am sure there are going to be fortunes made on  cryptocurrencies - regardless of whether they soar or sink. Those who got in early have certainly done ok. 

At the same time, with the human propensity to act en masse like greedy idiots, it it is also starting to look like the next big speculative bubble. Cryptocurrency derivatives already exist.

Archived