Cancelled Air Journey Compensation

Has anybody here had experience of a flight being cancelled and had to claim the compensation? 

Or does anyone work in the air travel industry and help with advice on a claim? 

Long story short, been in Mexico, flight left Cancun, turned around with engine trouble.  Put up in hotel overnight while waiting for replacement part to be shipped from UK.  Finally bussed to airport, passed through security, waiting at the Departure Gate and advised that flight was to be cancelled a second time as crew had been on standby and would have surpassed their legal hours had we taken off.  Bussed back to hotel for another 12 hours.  Arrived back in UK 50 hours late. 

Airline offering 600 Euros per person and free meals.  Reading the online guidance, 600 Euros is the maximum payout per delayed.  As we were at the airport twice, my argument is that this is two delays.  Finally left at the third attempt. 

Anyone got experience of this? 

Not me personally, a delay that my girlfriend that my girlfriend had from Bremen to London and she got the maximum payout for a delayed flight as it was over 3 hours.

Not sure what your recourse would be but I imagine that the airline would argue that it is the same delay.

2 hours ago, Teuchter said:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/flight-delays/

Not sure if there is anything new to you in this link.

Cheers... that is much of the same information I have been reviewing, however I dont think it covers the scenario I describe.  I might need to dig further on this one.

1 hour ago, The Beer Baron said:

Hold out for some beer, too

Got free beer on the return trip when we did finally get away.  

Archived