Marrying abroad

Guest The Beer Baron

You'll need an authorized translated copy of your birth certificate. Your local Stadt website hopefully gives you a list of official translaters to use. Mine cost about 90€ but was just round the corner and no hassle.

If your German isnt fluent like me, you'll also need someone to translate when you both go to apply to get married and also on your big day. So keep that in mind just in case, they won't let your future wife translate as they'll ask you to confirm you're doing this with no pressure etc.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Beer Baron

I don't know what you did, not my business but we've all made errors in our lives. It's about learning from them and becoming better... so if you know then you know! 

Actually we're getting married in Hungary, and we looked at a number of venues in the area we wanted. But chose the first one after giving it a lot of thought and discussion. 

If you want recommendations of castles in NRW, I can give you a shortlist of beautiful places we've so far visited?

7 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Just do it in Vegas!! 

Good venue Vinnie, BUT a small point being transport as Vegas airport is more or less shut.

The Beer Baron is right with the legal side of things but try go a bit further south from Hungary and into Romania for the venue and I would suggest Bran Castle or Peles for the best ever for any Pars Fan on the planet.

51 minutes ago, worldwiderab said:

Good venue Vinnie, BUT a small point being transport as Vegas airport is more or less shut.

A great venue... but I didnt consider that Vegas is pretty much a ghost town just now.

To be fair, I doubt that @The Bad Guy will find many venues open at present?  So could have a wee wait for the deed

Archived