This rule needs changing...

GG Riva

Watching the Sportscene highlights of the Motherwell v Celtic game, I was appalled by the thigh high, studs first "tackle", perpetrated by Devante Cole on Jeremie Frimpong. Even more shocking was the fact that Andrew Dallas deemed it to be only worthy of a yellow card. I don't think it's an exaggeration to suggest that the challenge was reckless and violent and could potentially have put Frimpong out for a very long time. I don't think any football fan or pundit would argue that it should have been anything other than a straight red. We've all seen players sent off for far, far less.

As I understand it, the ref saw the challenge and sanctioned it accordingly, so no retrospective ban can be imposed by the SFA Referees Committee, because they do not want to re-referee games. I totally understand that but when the ref has made such a clear and obvious error, that rule should not apply. Can the referee not be asked to look at the TV pictures and asked to re-evaluate his original decision? Of course, he might decide that the yellow card was the correct call, in which case I would recommend a trip to the nearest Specsavers and a spell refereeing in the Lowland League.

2 hours ago, GG Riva said:

Massing was red carded though - the maximum sanction a referee can apply. Cole was only given a yellow for a potentially more dangerous challenge. 

And of course, you know fine well that the "Best Foul" title was an ironic one, but do carry on.....

No need to get snippy buddy. Just pointing out your hypocrisy in a friendly manner. 

Archived