Grieg Spence

Piracy

Couldn't really argue with that thought he was excellent on Saturday and his goals have been a major factor in there new found form,tough my guess would be if Fais were to go to hibs they would bu up for him staying until the end of the season,pretty sure he wouldn't feature in their first team yet

I was mighty impressed with his contribution. Worth going for him if Fais goes to Hibs as the rumours are suggesting. For me he's more direct than Fais.

Exactly what money would be used for the transfer fee?

I have to say, this was my first thought too.  We are not in the market for other teams top players just now - it is more likely to be a loan signing, or short-term contract IMO for any player we go for.

It would depend on all different types of scenarios. All  saying is I could see him on our team.

There are only two scenarios where we could sign him. 1 is when he is out of contract. The other is if some external source paid the transfer fee, which is exceptionally unlikely.

We need to be wary of the size of our squad. Moffat, Hopkirk and Wallace are fine upfront if Fais was to go. Most other teams in the league would be delighted with that, and would have to use youth players as cover. Were Fais to go, we shouldn't be rushing out to get anyone unless it's within the budget to do so. Despite being one of our top players this season, I don't imagine that Fais is one of our top earners.

One thing I will point out is that I'm aware of the financial constraints.

We do have some spare capacity to sign players.

That said Greig Spence looks good to me and I'd swap him for Fais.

Perhaps, but no capacity to pay transfer fees as well as wages.

Also are you serious with your last sentence? How much have you seen of Spence?

Archived