George Shaw

SusieQ

No not our ex player, lol

9 year old George was the guest of Everton player Gerard Deulofeu at the recent Swansea game and was on the pitch at halftime, scoring in the Gwladys Street end.

I was at the game and it was a real highlight in a dismal day as the Toffees lost 2 - 1. Wee George has cerebal palsy and got the biggest cheer of the day from the Blues fans.

He has just been voted as Everton's Goal of the Month for January, beating Ross Barkley, Aaron Lennon & Kevin Mirallas to the award, and was at Finch Farm yesterday to collect his trophy.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2016/02/11/georges-day-at-finch-farm

He has also been invited to the end of season awards night to present the Goal of the Season to the winner.

Needless to say the young lad is totally "made up" with his accolade!

Brilliant story and having witnessed George's goal, I'm very proud of my other favourite football club this week.

The only thing I am wondering is if it is George himself that wins the Goal of the Season, will he be presenting the award to himself, lol???

In this day and age of football being all about the money, these kind of stories are especially heartwarming!

Nice one Toffees :-D

Not sure if the url link is working??

Thanks Gordie B|:)

The wee video at the start of the article is superb to watch - the interaction with Deulofeu especially is very lump in throat - it's obvious he has a lot of affection for George.

Amazing to think the whole thing came about because his dad posted a wee video of him kicking the ball around in his Deulofeu shirt.

The second video on the link is an extension of the presentation & has the press asking George some questions - at the end one of the journos jokes with Martinez that George can handle the press, haha!!

Brilliant story.  Love the community aspect of BOTH my teams

Archived