Super League

SusieQ

Anyone else here a fan of rugby league?

Got into it about 6 years ago when a trip to Everton left us needing something to do on the Saturday as it was the final game of that season and played on the Sunday,

There were no other football matches in the area as it was the play offs etc by that point so Mr Q and I headed to Knowsley Road to watch St Helens take on Warrington.  It was a belter of a Challenge Cup game and despite previously hating all things "rugby", I was hooked after 1 game. (I still can't watch Union tho!)

We have been to many games now both at Knowsley Road and the newer Langtree Park and I love it when we get a double header with St Helens on the Friday and Everton on the Saturday.

My RL knowledge development was greatly helped by the Magic Weekend, which we go to every year - a whole round of games played at the same ground.  For the first 2 years I watched the sport this was at Murrayfield so was on our doorstep and we have been to the Etihad twice and St James' Park for a brilliant weekend of sport.  It's heading back to Newcastle in May too.

We are going to the Good Friday game v local rivals Wigan and we are looking forward to a trip to Catalans in June - our first away game, apart from the Magic matches.

We got right royally humped by Salford last night in game 2 of the new season but hopefully just a blip and we can get in about the trophies this season! (We last won the Grand Final, played at Old Trafford, in 2014)

COME ON YOU SAINTS!!!

Archived