Everton takeover

SusieQ

From Everton FC.com:

Everton Football Club today announces that the Club will have a new major shareholder who brings the promise of new investment.

Farhad Moshiri will acquire 49.9% of the Club, conditional only on the Premier League approving his investment.

Chairman Bill Kenwright said: “After an exhaustive search I believe we have found the perfect partner to take the Club forward. I have got to know Farhad well over the last 18 months and his football knowledge, financial wherewithal and True Blue spirit have convinced me that he is the right man to support Everton.”

Moshiri commented: “I am delighted to take this opportunity to become a shareholder in Everton, with its rich heritage as one of Europe's leading football clubs. There has never been a more level playing field in the Premier League than now.  Bill Kenwright has taught me what it means to be an Evertonian and I look forward with excitement to working with him to help deliver success for Everton in the future.”

No idea who this guy is, but could be interesting times down Goodison way :D

''I'm not sure this is a believable story as it say that they are "one of Europe's leading football clubs"

They were certainly that when the Pars knocked them out of Europe. :-) I think they stayed at the North British hotel in Edinburgh as there wasn't anything posh enough for them in the toon...........

Everton were one of Englands big five in the 80s.  They have the potential to get there again.

£200m is some investment.  Allows Everton to pay the big bucks to keep the likes of Barkley and Stones, Lukaku and Coleman, while atrracting bigger targets than theyve previous been able.

The first big project will be the stadium.  Redevelopment of Goodison my preference.  Walton is a bit run down.  It could do with the extra investment, businesses would benefit from the extra footfall that bigger crowds would bring. 

Martinez wont last long now.  At the very very latest, he'll get next season.  Not household name enough to attract the big star names.  

Archived