£30 away ticket cap

sabino

Step in the right direction but it should have been at least capped at £20.

From next season the Premier League clubs are getting even more money thrown at them. They could let away fans in for free and it wouldn't impact on their finances.

Step in the right direction but it should have been at least capped at £20.

Disagree.  Football is business and as much as I find prices abhorrent, clubs should be free to choose to charge what they like, and fans should be free to decide what they are willing to spend. 

I think £30 as a cap is a win/win for both parties.  FSF have succeed in getting prices capped, and clubs gain an extra £10 a ticket. 

The cynic in me now thinks that clubs will reduce the allocation of tickets to away fans as a way of getting around the system.

They should copy the German system.

Over here you can get tickets very cheap and even the dearest ones are only around £30 

The clubs make their money through TV, sponsorship etc plus all clubs are fan owned in essence as no one man can own more than 49% of shares in a club .

Plus away fans allocation  are a strict percentage no matter what . I think it is 8% of tickets must be offered to away fans 

I think this is a step in the right direction.

As to the various caps in Scotland , I would suggest 

Premier League £25

Championship £20

Division One £15

Division Two £12 

The clubs in the EPL are only doing this because of the billions of pounds of TV money coming their way.

Scottish clubs main income stream is gate money. 

Correct.

The only way this would work in Scotland would involve a catastrophic overhaul of the entire sport. 

Outside of the two big (in relative terms) brands in Scotland none of clubs will be in any sort of position to reduce admission prices in any meaningful manner. 

Free public transport for away fans with a matchcan't go ket in Germany as well I think?

yes for that region alone it must be said. You can't go from Berlin to Dortmund for example with a free ride but Germsny is split into 4 regions so on matchday , if you stay in that area and have a ticket you travel free regardless if it's 40-50 miles away 

They should copy the German system.

Over here you can get tickets very cheap and even the dearest ones are only around £30 

The clubs make their money through TV, sponsorship etc plus all clubs are fan owned in essence as no one man can own more than 49% of shares in a club .

Plus away fans allocation  are a strict percentage no matter what . I think it is 8% of tickets must be offered to away fans 

I think this is a step in the right direction.

As to the various caps in Scotland , I would suggest 

Premier League £25

Championship £20

Division One £15

Division Two £12 

I think those prices are too high for the overall experience you get on match days in Scotland. If however travel was included in the price of the ticket like the example given of Germany, then it would be better.

Archived