Scott Brown International Retirement

Turps

Scott Brown has announced his international retirement at the age of 31.

I know there is the argument of spending more time with the family, the demands of modern football etc. but I don't think I could announce my international retirement if I played at that level. Think I would take the Kenny Miller approach of if Scotland wanted to call me up I would play.

Celtic and Scotland captain Scott Brown ends international career

Not our best player and always injured when it comes to Scotland.  I think hes only formalised what we already suspected. 

Agree with this @Vinnie - he's been struggling for any kind of form for Scotland for a while now IMO.

He looked like he was coming into form in Celtic's Qualifier the other night. I mind thinking watching that game that he would be a good

addition for the England game in that form. Not matter now.

It's a shame tbh, i thought he had at least one more qualifying campaign in him. Scotland will be worse without him. 

No we won't.

He'll be a miss. Think he was a big player for us in a Gary Mason type-role.

No he wasn't.

I should add that he was a decent player and was by no means ****e, but given the other midfield options (McArthur, McGinn for example) we have, I don't think he'll be missed, especially given his recent Scotland performances (although the same could be said of most of the team).

Archived