Police Not Allowed To Do Their Jobs

Vinnie

Sky News story about two Police Officers who face being charged because the driver of a stolen car has killed a family whilst being chased.

This sort of thing boils my **** something chronic.  The Police cant do right for doing wrong.  We cant ask the Police to do their job, which is to stop criminals, and then penalise them for an accident that occurs while doing their duty, whilst not even being the culprits.  

I could understand it slightly more if it had been the Police that hit the family, and it makes me wonder why anyone would want to be a Police Officer these days. 

Surely something is wrong with our system?  

As far as I can tell it is due an internal police enquiry after the incident - which I assume is routine when there are deaths. The outcome is they uncovered that the officers have broken the law in some way and have referred it to the prosecution service. No charges have been brought yet and as far as I can tell they are not getting charged with the killing (a junky son of a millionaire has already been convicted and jailed for that). It also states that they may have broken the law after the chase also.

I would like to know more details.

It is not guaranteed charges will be brought, but the police can't be above the law - although in this instance it would be daft if traffic infringements are getting flagged up.

As far as I can tell it is due an internal police enquiry after the incident - outcome is they uncovered that the officers have broken the law in some way but the police can't be above the law - although in this instance it would be daft if traffic infringements are getting flagged up.

Agree that the Police cannot be above the law.  Can only imagine there has been a failure to follow procedure somewhere within the chase, and I would suspect that that may be down to the adrenaline of high speed driving - although the drivers should be trained to be able to control that.  I doubt any other  details will be made public unfortunately.

Living in North West Edinburgh, there are a lot of issues surrounding stolen cars and motorbikes and the anti-social behaviour that goes along with untrained and uninsured drivers and riders.  A Facebook page for the community is full of complaints that the Police are toothless and that the Police don't do enough, yet when there is an accident that occurs, its the Police to blame for chasing them. 

Either you want a Police force to enforce the law, or we let ****hole ******* neds wreak havoc and cause chaos? 

The details will be made public if they decide to prosecute. 

I don't disagree with what a lot of what you are saying, but in this particular case it is pure speculation to say that they are getting blamed for the deaths - especially when part of the reason for referral relates to events that took place after the crash.

Archived