Liverpool (England)
Bordeaux (France)
Sion (Switzerland)

GROUP J:
Tottenham Hotspur (England)
Anderlecht (Belgium)
Monaco (France)
Qarabag (Azerbaijan)

Tough group for Celtic.  Id expect Fenerbache and Ajax to be too strong for them, and even Molde must fancy their chances?  Liverpool have the better of the draws, Tottenham should be strong enough to qualify, despite being hard pushed by Monaco and Anderlecht. 

I suspect the Europa League is simply an added revenue stream for Celtic, seeing as they will have another shot at the CL next season, but for Liverpool and Spurs, the opportunity of a CL place by virtue of winning the Europa League must making it worth their while having a serious punt at this competition?

Hopefully Celtic get absolutely pumped in all their games, but whilst they have a pretty difficult group, they could have gotten a far more difficult one and will be fairly pleased with it. No major travelling for them either (sadly).

The English clubs will show their usual arrogance towards the Europa League and cry about how it distracts them from the English Premier League, as the money they get from it is all they care about. That doesn’t make much sense to me. Like you say, if they treat it seriously, they have a good chance of going far and maybe even winning it and getting that Champions League place. I actually prefer the Europa League to the Champions League. You get a better variety of teams and most of them seem to enjoy being in the competition and often provide good games. I haven’t watched a Champions League game since the final in 2014. It’s just boring to me as it’s the same teams over and over. Aye, we play the same teams over and over here, but I have an interest due to my team being involved. I have no other teams I give a **** about.

Archived