Georgia v Scotland

DJAS

Reality check for us. Although 7/8 players never showed up. Hard to say if we are just dire or the heat and tactics were to blame. Georgia are neat ad tidy though and their goal was really well taken.

Great set up for the german game now though as we always play better as underdogs with a point to prove.

I don't agree with Strachan's idea to play players who aren't getting a regular game. Fletcher and Hutton shouldn't be in the starting 11.

Whittaker started the season reasonably well, excepting his red card last weekend.  He's performing in the EPL which is a big step up from U21 or reserves football that Hutton plays.  Although I would prefer Hutton if fully fit, Whittaker should have started.

I dont think Mulgrews best position is centre back.  In fact, I dont think he has a best position at all.  At best he is a squad player as a utility man.  Gordon Greer is top of the Championship with Brighton.  Is he starting?  He'd be a better bet given our lack of EPL centre backs.  

Darren Fletcher is one of the hardest working midfielders in the EPL, and has far far more quality than Brown.  Fletcher has been playing regularly again and in the centre of the midfield with Morrison.  These partnerships should be exploited. 

Theres three changes straight away.  It seems that Strachan isnt looking at form, hes sticking with who he knows.  

Look at Hodgsons squad, hes starting with Shelvey and Vardy, form players, okay its only San Marino and youd expect Shelvey and Vardy to be good enough for that, but surely thats the reason they are there anyway? Just a thought? 

Archived