Jack Ross to ........

Vinnie

Its been a weird close season already with a ton of managers getting their jotters, and some strange and ambitious managerial appointments.  Swansea are managerless, Derby are now managerless, Everton are managerless, Sunderland and Ipswich both managerless.  After a cracking season with St Mirren, its no real surprise that clubs were expressing interest in Jack Ross.  Apparently, last week he was at talks with Ipswich, but just this afternoon, out of nowhere, it would appear that Jack Ross is going to Sunderland.

Strange move in my mind - thoughts?

35 minutes ago, Captain Deadpool said:

Big budget should mean it will be easier for them to get out of League 1, and the new owners seem to be steadying things. Not a bad move for him.

Of course as Beadling has recently shown, it's a widely known fact that the Pars are a much bigger club than Sunderland.

the new owners have only been in place for about 24hrs so doubt they have done much tbh

The new owners have simply cleared the debt.  The fact that there was debt tells you all about how that club was being run.  I don't think they will have a huge budget for attracting new players, I cant imagine the guys that are there (and under contract, and on EPL wages) being too keen to move on given the wages they'll likely be getting - the main example being Rodwell who is never getting a £70k a week contract anywhere else. 

The suggestion that Sunderland are a major power in that league is going to get blown to smithereens this coming season.

Ross wasn't even the best manager in the Championship last season. The narrative that's peddled about him genuinely riles me. 

He took over a club, who where in a position that they really should never have been in, replaced a **** ton of players (a courtesy which he would never been extended at a smaller club) and scrapped 10th on the final day of the season. 

Looking at this season in isolation, is anyone really surprised St Mirren won it? Nah. He's done a slightly above average job. Nothing more. Which is why he'd absolutely mental not to jump ship now and earn him and his family some outrageous coin after one and half ok seasons in the Scottish Championship.

He might well turn out to be an inspired manager but he's done nothing out of the ordinary to suggest that yet. 

1 hour ago, Keyser Soze said:

Ross wasn't even the best manager in the Championship last season. The narrative that's peddled about him genuinely riles me. 

He took over a club, who where in a position that they really should never have been in, replaced a **** ton of players (a courtesy which he would never been extended at a smaller club) and scrapped 10th on the final day of the season. 

Looking at this season in isolation, is anyone really surprised St Mirren won it? Nah. He's done a slightly above average job. Nothing more. Which is why he'd absolutely mental not to jump ship now and earn him and his family some outrageous coin after one and half ok seasons in the Scottish Championship.

He might well turn out to be an inspired manager but he's done nothing out of the ordinary to suggest that yet. 

He also used a fair few loan players?  I know Pars did too.... but St Mirren will look a very average outfit next season I reckon.

Takes time to prove yourself and learn the job.

Jack Ross hasn't done enough yet. 

If St Mirren were in the league this coming season then he'd be really tested. League will be brutally close this season given the teams now in it.

32 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Takes time to prove yourself and learn the job.

Jack Ross hasn't done enough yet. 

If St Mirren were in the league this coming season then he'd be really tested. League will be brutally close this season given the teams now in it.

I think even if he was with likes of Hearts or Killie or Dundee in our league hed have his work cut out.  

Archived