Lens replacement surgery

VOX

Any one had this done ?  Apparently I’m not suitable for any one of the laser eye surgery’s but eligible for this treatment. Been promised the earth as to my sight improvement with the natural lenses in the eye being replaced with multi focal lenses. I’ve done a bit of digging and found out that the surgeon who is employed by this popular eye care company has been sued in the past for mis treatment causing permanent damage. However this is only a very very small fraction of the total he has completed and like anyone in a similar position is open to any complaints no matter what they are.  Just looking for anyone who has done this and interested in the results. I know of many people who have had laser surgery and would recommend it to anyone along with the benefits it has brung to their lives. But lens replacement ? 

Vox, my sister in law had both eyes done and says it is very good. She got one done to see what it was like and to make sure it was all ok then the other done a couple of months later. She said that after surgery it was uncomfortable rather than painfull for a little while, her vision is now better than ever.

On 6/21/2018 at 15:20, worldwiderab said:

Vox, my sister in law had both eyes done and says it is very good. She got one done to see what it was like and to make sure it was all ok then the other done a couple of months later. She said that after surgery it was uncomfortable rather than painfull for a little while, her vision is now better than ever.

Wait; she got one done to see what it was like?! What if she didn't like it? She'd just have to walk around with each eye a different strength?!

Sounds like nonsense.

Never heard of it.

My concerns about this, and even about laser eye surgery, is that its still relatively new, and that while they promote such treatment to be permanent, there hasn't been enough long term research regarding the potential deterioration of your eyes further into the future.

On 6/26/2018 at 13:30, Vinnie said:

Never heard of it.

My concerns about this, and even about laser eye surgery, is that its still relatively new, and that while they promote such treatment to be permanent, there hasn't been enough long term research regarding the potential deterioration of your eyes further into the future.

It's been on the go for nearly 50 years now.

16 minutes ago, Captain Deadpool said:

It's been on the go for nearly 50 years now.

The source Ive been reading doesn't make note of the first procedures.  50 years, for the select few that were able to afford it.  Of course its far more common now, and the FDA has even stated "The safety and effectiveness of refractive procedures has not been determined in patients with some diseases."  

It has even been considered that "a small percentage of patients may need to have another surgery because their condition is over-corrected or under-corrected. Some patients need to wear contact lenses or glasses even after treatment".  Which suggests that even health professionals are yet to determine its full effectiveness.  Although, I'm not entirely sure quite when that was written.

Thanks for all the replies and note all answers. I have decided to cancel this specific operation in favour of light Adjustable Lens surgery of which I will have to go down south for. This operation seems excellent although in essence the same they / you adjust your eyesight after the operation to your specific needs without the need for further surgery therefore doing away with the chance of the lenses not focusing correctly.  Seems the only rational choice left as glasses are a pain in the erse and contacts irritating after a few hours. 

https://www.spirehealthcare.com/treatments/eye-surgery-and-treatments/light-adjustable-lens-lal-surgery/

Archived