Stevie Crawford Soundbites

DougieDave

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of people giving real stick to SC about his post-match comments after each game.

I've struggled to find much to complain about to be honest.

He's been fairly open about explaining his substitutions and what he was trying to do.  He's also accepted fault, and certainly doesn't seem to be shirking responsibility for how things are going.

It feels already like some want him gone already.

I'm no "happy clapper", but I am a realist.  Fans turning on the players and management certainly won't help our current predicament.

And SC still seems to be on the lookout for other squad additions.

Guest The Beer Baron

If there are fans turning on him I genuinely want them to toss themselves into the Forth. Go **** off, the guy is busting his balls for the club. People demand instant everything now. Football isn't that simple, unlike these brain dead idiots.

He is pretty uncharismatic but at the end of the day Ross has given him the Head Coach role as he believes he has the skills to get the best out of the squad he inherited: not to host News Night ☺️ 

I saw enough in the Faiss - Anderson partnership to  think we will avoid the playoffs. It will remain an ugly season for us and we will need to get comfortable feeling uncomfortable.

2 hours ago, The Beer Baron said:

If there are fans turning on him I genuinely want them to toss themselves into the Forth. Go **** off, the guy is busting his balls for the club. People demand instant everything now. Football isn't that simple, unlike these brain dead idiots.

Attaboy BB. Get them telt! Fans are symptomatic of today's society. No patience. Stevie has inherited a squad which is low in confidence, but I saw enough in the first half yesterday to suggest we can dig our way back out of this hole we're in. Unfortunately, the 2nd half suggested it won't be easy, as we're still making too many daft mistakes at the back (look away now Higgy) but the right time to review Stevie's progress is at the end of the season. Right now, I'd settle for 8th place, but we may finish higher. I'll bet there will be 4 or 5 teams at the bottom separated by about the same number of points.

Fair critisism is one thing, being very critical and unfair with it is another. Guys rabbiting on about how they're entitled to a vewpoint when challenged on being unreasonable.

Yeah instant gratification is an issue. I've been surprised in recent months that some of the more demanding points of vew have been from older fans.

22 minutes ago, The Bad Guy said:

Had a good laugh at someone leaving the ground yesterday "we lost the game when Crawford decided to bring Muirhead on in midfield".  If you are going to whinge at least learn the players that you are slagging off.

Some guy going on about ''Durnin'' being sh*te and a fellow fan pointed out he wasn't even playing, plus his spelling is pretty poor.

Archived