Rallying Call

Paradox

Im not sure I can think of many other clubs who have this mornic element to their support? 

I wouldnt be surprised if the same ****holes are on .net bemoaning Clarks departure and wishing he was still here? 

And no doubt these same folks got all excited by Craw and Shields appointment, having high-fived themselves for AJs departure, but are now getting a twitchy bumhole already because Craw hasnt had time to work his magic. 

17 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Im not sure I can think of many other clubs who have this mornic element to their support? 

I wouldnt be surprised if the same ****holes are on .net bemoaning Clarks departure and wishing he was still here? 

And no doubt these same folks got all excited by Craw and Shields appointment, having high-fived themselves for AJs departure, but are now getting a twitchy bumhole already because Craw hasnt had time to work his magic. 

100% this.

It's almost as if an element of our 'support' take some sort of weird satisfaction from the team being sh!te???

Lets be honest Morris didn't want to re-sign. Come up with some gash made up story about wanting to restart his career down south. 

Clark was made an offer and made the decision not re-sign. 

Aird did the dirty last minute and went to Dundee United.

People still battering on about Cardle yet he did not have a hugely successful time last season. I wasn't bothered about him re-signing.

We're maybe not in a position to be offering 3 or 4 year contract and also worth mentioning we've been slaughtered for offering AJ and 1 or 2 players on a 2 year deal.

Every club has supporters who make noises about what is right, wrong and indifferent but it' worth remembering all our Board are doing is trying their utmost to get things right on a football front whilst maintaining a sound financial footing. They havent got eveything right but the way some fans have reacted is pathetic.

It'a been a frustrating time for all concerned but nobody is going to get us out of this apart from us and that's better done together.

59 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

All clubs have them. I'm now thinking that too much is being made of these raspers.

To be fair there are an element of longer term users continually trying to counter the inherent negativity on DAFC.net. Good luck to them.

Talking about DAFC.net, good to see GG Riva giving us some credence as Pars fans posting on here ''Indeed many Pars Club posters are extremely knowledgeable and as passionate about the Pars as any regular dotnetter''

''It would be great if we were all under one roof again, but it probably won't happen any time soon'' 

Guest The Beer Baron
7 hours ago, Piracy said:

All clubs have them. I'm now thinking that too much is being made of these raspers.

To be fair there are an element of longer term users continually trying to counter the inherent negativity on DAFC.net. Good luck to them.

Talking about DAFC.net, good to see GG Riva giving us some credence as Pars fans posting on here ''Indeed many Pars Club posters are extremely knowledgeable and as passionate about the Pars as any regular dotnetter''

''It would be great if we were all under one roof again, but it probably won't happen any time soon'' 

It won't ever happen, quite happy over here. It's nice to be challenged on views in a constructive manner, rather than a screeching car crash of nonsense found elsewhere.

12 minutes ago, The Beer Baron said:

It won't ever happen, quite happy over here. It's nice to be challenged on views in a constructive manner, rather than a screeching car crash of nonsense found elsewhere.

I'm just glad some of us are matching the standards set by the posters from DAFC.net according to GG Riva.

As for 'under one roof' why even bother and does the vision involve Pie n Bovril users?

It's also called the East End Bounce now and not the Parsclub. I think GG Riva misses a few details and maybe misunderstands why the Forum exists, what it is fundementally about and the fact most of the users here care little for DAFC.net nowadays.

TBH I just can't be bothered with the trolling and personal abuse on sited like dotnet.  I used to spend hours on there every week.  I would go there before COWS for info.

Trying to sift through the sh!te to get to the decent posts becomes a real task, and a lot of threads go off on a completely different tangent.  Now, it's exhausting to read at times.

Pie n Bovril is much the same IMO.

I like the posters on here.  I think you can post, and be challenged, without it becoming in anyway personal.

I could imagine talking about fitba with a lot of you over a pint or a few. 

Isn't that how it should be?

1 hour ago, Paradox said:

Trying to sift through the sh!te to get to the decent posts becomes a real task, and a lot of threads go off on a completely different tangent.  Now, it's exhausting to read at times.

I like the posters on here.  I think you can post, and be challenged, without it becoming in anyway personal.

I could imagine talking about fitba with a lot of you over a pint or a few. 

Isn't that how it should be?

Lots of threads go off on tangents on here too, but at least they tend to flow off topic naturally. 

Dotnet, before I cancelled my account, was all about a group of five or six guys trashing every thread that disagreed with their own view.  And then threads became personal.  I think that was a symptom of the environment there.  I know that here I have been challenged, funnily enough by a few of the same posters from dotnet, but on this site, on the whole, its been respectful challenging and debate, rather than dismissive and aggressive. 

Id have a pint with many of the posters on here - at the very least to carry on a discussion where its easier to elaborate on a point verbally, rather than in text. 

Excellent OP and some very good ones in response to it.

11 hours ago, Piracy said:

Lets be honest Morris didn't want to re-sign. Come up with some gash made up story about wanting to restart his career down south. 

Clark was made an offer and made the decision not re-sign. 

Aird did the dirty last minute and went to Dundee United.

People still battering on about Cardle yet he did not have a hugely successful time last season. I wasn't bothered about him re-signing.

We're maybe not in a position to be offering 3 or 4 year contract and also worth mentioning we've been slaughtered for offering AJ and 1 or 2 players on a 2 year deal.

Every club has supporters who make noises about what is right, wrong and indifferent but it' worth remembering all our Board are doing is trying their utmost to get things right on a football front whilst maintaining a sound financial footing. They havent got eveything right but the way some fans have reacted is pathetic.

It'a been a frustrating time for all concerned but nobody is going to get us out of this apart from us and that's better done together.

Piracy, I think you're well aware that the ''going down south'' story regarding Morris is a complete red herring and not initiated by the player himself. He went to Dingwall for the simple reason that Ross Co. were able to offer him significantly more than we could. Ross didn't want to lose him because he was a great influence both on and off the park and did his best to keep him without destroying the club's wage structure or budget. I'm sure you'll know that there will be a knock on effect if one player signs a lucrative contract, as the information will get out sooner or later, usually sooner. Better to lose one or two players perhaps, than have the whole squad looking for more money - money the club can't afford.

''I'm just glad some of us are matching the standards set by the posters from DAFC.net according to GG Riva.''

Now you're being just a tad mischievous. That's not what I said or meant and well you know it. Dot net has a significant number of presumably younger posters, who find it impossible to control their emotions after a poor result and they're on the forum even before the final whistle has gone. 

11 hours ago, Piracy said:

I'm assuming you were referencing me as one of those ''longer term users'', so I'll take that as a compliment and forgive you the wee transgression. It is a thankless task most of the time, but you can't let the barstewards grind you down, ken? 😉

19 hours ago, GG Riva said:

Now you're being just a tad mischievous. That's not what I said or meant and well you know it. Dot net has a significant number of presumably younger posters, who find it impossible to control their emotions after a poor result and they're on the forum even before the final whistle has gone. 

Being mischevious maybe but I would say that the majority if not all the regular contributors on the East End Bounce are more knowledgeable than the vast majority of the posters on DAFC.net nowadays given what's on offer.

The standard on that site has fallen way below the standards of years ago.

As for the passion aspect I fail to make the connection between passion and downright negativity and unsubstantiated opinions expressed with alarming frequency on DAFC.net. Personal responsibility is lost on a lot of people.

I have become increasingly frustrated at the abuse and utter tripe levelled at decisions made by the club and although they (club) haven't got everything right we'd all do well to counter these posts and opinions at every opportunity, othwerwise the lunatics take over the asylum.

19 hours ago, GG Riva said:

Piracy, I think you're well aware that the ''going down south'' story regarding Morris is a complete red herring and not initiated by the player himself. He went to Dingwall for the simple reason that Ross Co. were able to offer him significantly more than we could. Ross didn't want to lose him because he was a great influence both on and off the park and did his best to keep him without destroying the club's wage structure or budget. I'm sure you'll know that there will be a knock on effect if one player signs a lucrative contract, as the information will get out sooner or later, usually sooner. Better to lose one or two players perhaps, than have the whole squad looking for more money - money the club can't afford.

Don't make so many assumptions regarding levels of awareness, especially on my behalf. Are you sure you've got the absolute facts regarding any of our former players departures? 

https://www.dunfermlinepress.com/sport/16267290.dunfermline-captain-callum-morris-exits-club-to-return-to-england/

Please see attached link. I was only going on what the Chairman said on the Clubs website regarding Calum Morris departure. Say's clearly that he wished to pursue his career down south. So in reference to the subject of assumptions after reading our Chairman's words I made the assumption that Ross McArthur was giving his view on the conversations he'd had with Calum Morris. Given he would have been conducting the negotiations betweem him and his Agent there's a good chance it was accurate.

Of course I could be miles off the mark and the Chairman came up with this deliberate 'red herring' for his own reasons.

I'm glad we didn't step outside any planned salary budgets in place. So Morris wanting more money is fine by me, cheerio mate. Same goes for any of the former players, including Joe Cardle. Financial prudency and stability is more important. That is a point of view I have been repeating since this present Board took over.

8 hours ago, GG Riva said:

I'm assuming you were referencing me as one of those ''longer term users'', so I'll take that as a compliment and forgive you the wee transgression. It is a thankless task most of the time, but you can't let the barstewards grind you down, ken? 😉

Yep, since you asked. Keep up the good work. 

Personally I'd last 5 minutes on there nowadays hence I haven't rejoined. 

Archived