Wayne Hennessey

Paradox

There is racism and then there is somebody being a bit of an ignorant f@nny. When I read that the photo was taken by a German, John Cleese goose stepping in Fawlty Towers or Freddy Starr dressed as Hitler come to mind as opposed to anything offensive. Not sure if the player really has "a lamentable level of ignorance" or if it was a way of the FA to get out of punishing him for effectively nothing. It is a further daft twist to a daft story.

You look at a photo and you see someone being a twat, as opposed to, for example, a photo of a group right wing thugs doing the same thing. Does anyone, truthfully, see anything sinister in it?

I do think its another case of folk being over-sensitive, and folk loving to see the worst of things.

I suspect that Crystal Palace's media relations and legal teams will have got involved and concocted Hennesseys **** and bull story.  If thats the case, youd hope they could have come up with something better? 

7 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

Call me old fashioned but I'm of the opinion that giving a Nazi salute is always sinister tbh.

IMG_2194.JPG

Yeah, it is the attempt at the comedy moustache with his left hand that is particularly chilling.

Free tip, don't watch any old Spike Milligan footage if you want to avoid getting creeped out by sinister Nazi salutes.

Archived