It's a mystery.

Jill Dando 20 years on. On STV tonight. Still a baffling, unsolved murder. Barry George was originally convicted, then acquitted of the crime. Don't think he did it, unless he carried a big slice of luck. Unlikely a guy with learning difficulties, although he was known to stalk woman would have been capable of doing a professional hit, with nobody that witnessed  the shooting. He fitted the profile as he had an interest in guns and following women . One part of microscopic gun residue was the basis of his conviction and he lived in the area. Was it cross contamination or did the police put it there? Motive? Maybe a Crimewatch vendetta of revenge allegedly by master criminal Kenny Noye (Brinks Mat blag infamy) and convicted road rage and cop killer. Or was it to do with the bombing of the Serbian TV studios in which 16 innocent reporters were killed. Celebrity friends contribute including Nick Ross and Cliff Richards (is that a syrup on his heed?) Don't think this will ever be solved. 

I've read about this as a possible motive before. The thing is she wasn't a creature of habit and her movements weren't known as she was very rarely at her own house. Who knows. I knew  her ex was a high up royal gyno, but why would he play along with having his wife to be murdered? 

Guest The Beer Baron

Wasn't it her that was investigating about the disgusting royal/politician paedo ring? Says it all if it was, she's found out far too much.

I recall that Jill Dando was a broadcaster rather than an investigative journalist, so Im not entirely sure that I buy into the idea that she was digging too deep into anything.  That said, she may well have been presented with information that incriminated someone, or a group, and that was potentially explosive information. 

At the same time, that could simply be urban legend, though I do think that Parliament has a ****load of secrets, as Royals do, as we know the BBC does. 

Too many folk read conspiracy theory blogs.  These tend to be overly one-sided, and written with an agenda, rather than being written for balance.  It could simply be a gangland style retribution for a Crimewatch article and conviction? 

I dont think Barry George is guilty.  Maybe Ive watched too many behavioral analysis programmes, but someone with learning difficulties and an obsession is more like to kill someone by accident, death by choking or something, rather than by cold blooded shooting.  

Now that George's conviction has been quashed, is there a new investigation? 

Archived