Russia v Scotland / Euro qualifiers

Teuchter

0-0 at half time, but the dam has broken, so 4-0. Russia dominating to an embarrassing degree.

It's been **** enough watching the Pars recently without getting served up this dross in the break.

All I hope for from Clarke is not to **** up against the other teams to retain the seeding place and gain some confidence for the play off game.

Just had to delete a bit about N.Ireland who ended up getting a 3-1 reverse in the Netherlands after leading then drawing. 2 injury time goals undid them. That, in some ways, must be worse to take than back to back, completely expected, 4-0 doings. As they say, it is the hope that kills you. Scotland's hope was gone after the first game.

Wales are still in with a shout after a draw in Slovakia.

Folk wanted rid of Strachan, they got it. Folk wanted rid of McLeish, they got it.  How soon before the peoples choice finds his head on the chopping board?

Lets get Clark, he'll turn it around.  Oh no he wont.  Its the same ****ey squads in the same ****ey set up, getting the same ****ey results.

I really dont understand why we lined up without a recognised striker?  I really dont understand why Wales and NI can blend League Two players with EPL players and still climb the rankings?

I didnt watch the game, I had us down to lose 3-0 on my coupon, we cant even get beat properly!!! 

****holes!! 

3 hours ago, The Bad Guy said:

Like @Superally I am beyond caring.  Saw the result and it got a shrug of the shoulders.  There should be a complete root and branch review of the SFA but nothing will happen while there are still people who willingly fork out good money after bad to watch the national side no matter how **** they are.

I said something similar to this about the Tartan Army fans who party on regardless of how embarassing the result. 

Granted, folk fork out huge sums to follow their team and they should make the most of their time away.  It wont go unnoticed by SFA chiefs that the Tartan Army leave the ground and switch straight back to party mode and that may possibly be considered a sign that things arent so bad?  If I was an SFA top dog, thats how I would spin it.

Incidently, £27 is the cheapest adult ticket for the San Marino game.  They'd struggle to fill Kelty for that money!!!

11 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Folk wanted rid of Strachan, they got it. Folk wanted rid of McLeish, they got it.  How soon before the peoples choice finds his head on the chopping board?

Lets get Clark, he'll turn it around.  Oh no he wont.  Its the same ****ey squads in the same ****ey set up, getting the same ****ey results.

I really dont understand why we lined up without a recognised striker?  I really dont understand why Wales and NI can blend League Two players with EPL players and still climb the rankings?

I didnt watch the game, I had us down to lose 3-0 on my coupon, we cant even get beat properly!!! 

****holes!! 

I think had people known that by getting rid of Strachan we would end up with McLeish, they wouldn't have been calling for that decision to be made. 

54 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I think had people known that by getting rid of Strachan we would end up with McLeish, they wouldn't have been calling for that decision to be made. 

They would have, they'd have just expected the SFA to do better than McLeish. 

In the grand scheme of things now, the result in Kazakhstan isnt such a shocker? 

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

They would have, they'd have just expected the SFA to do better than McLeish. 

In the grand scheme of things now, the result in Kazakhstan isnt such a shocker? 

Not really understanding the first point - had anyone known McLeish was to be the replacement, most Scotland fans would have preferred Strachan stayed. The fact that the SFA should have done better is irrelevant in this hindsight scenario. 

Also not understanding your second point - given Cyrpus has just went to Kazakhstan and won surely highlights how much of a shocker it was. The apologists were saying after the game that the Kazakhs would cause a few problems and they have not. Had we won that first game, the confidence would have been higher and we wouldn't have been playing catch up in the group.

"Not really understanding the first point - had anyone known McLeish was to be the replacement, most Scotland fans would have preferred Strachan stayed. The fact that the SFA should have done better is irrelevant in this hindsight scenario." 

The point is that folk wanted Strachan out - ok, if we had known McLeish was the option we'd choose Strachan, but the point remains, Strachan was not considered good enough for the job, the fact that McLeish got it is a moot point.  

"Also not understanding your second point - given Cyrpus has just went to Kazakhstan and won surely highlights how much of a shocker it was. The apologists were saying after the game that the Kazakhs would cause a few problems and they have not".

Kazakhstan have more points than us.  We can only play whats in front of us, and whilst we may have an easier run in, you cant discount that Kazakhstan could beat us again......  The rankings show definable groups where the top ten could beat one another, the next ten ten would take the odd point from the top ten whilst taking points off each other and only losing the occasional to those teams below them, there is a group of teams that will get beat by pretty much anyone, and theres a group of about 25 - 30 nations that includes us, Cyprus, and Kazakhstan, who will take points from one another.  So no, its not a shocker that Kazakhstan beat us.  

Archived