Trump and Turkey

GG Riva

The old cynic in me thinks Erdogan asked Trump to move his troops out of Syria so he could bomb the Kurds to kingdom come. Well, they weren't in Normandy helping the Allies in WW2, I suppose. What a fekkin bizarre statement.

I can't watch the news footage. So many innocent people caught in the cross fire.

23 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Seems to me that Trump has no realisation of what hes actually doing here.  There is a far far bigger picture, with implications that stretch beyond Syria and the Middle East, and the potential outcomes are pretty scary. 

Contrary to what many of us may feel, Trump is not an idiot. I think he knows exactly what he's doing and will have been fully briefed by his aides as to the consequences of the USA's actions. Sadly, I don't think he gives a flying one......

8 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

Contrary to what many of us may feel, Trump is not an idiot. I think he knows exactly what he's doing and will have been fully briefed by his aides as to the consequences of the USA's actions. Sadly, I don't think he gives a flying one......

You can be highly intelligent, but lack common sense, so whilst I know he's not a complete idiot, I simply think that despite the advice he will have received, he simply doesnt grasp the seriousness of his actions.  Remember, ultimately hes a businessman rather than a politician. 

Archived