Albion Rovers

Deutsch Par

Should be a decent away crowd (weather permitting) for this considering it's the first time we have played in Coatbridge since 1985 (the match in 1986 was moved to Airdrie's Broomfield because the expected travelling support exceeded number allowed on the safety certificate for Cliftonhill).

The Lizzie have a 70 seater going, Lothian 68 have a 52, and I am pretty sure that the DASC bus is full also.  Albion Rovers will be praying that their pitch dries out and also if their rearranged match against Cowdenbeath (scheduled for tomorrow, pitch inspection at 2) goes ahead that the pitch doesn't cut up too badly.

I'm looking forward to it (regardless of when it's played, it's been budgeted for, so I am going).  I went to Cliftonhill some years ago and took in Albion Rovers v Queen's Park which was an absolutely brutal game with Rovers winning 1-0 and Ryan Thomson up front for Rovers, he didn't do much except get booked for diving.  Hopefully this game will be far better... 

One of the few grounds in Scotland I haven't been to. Not exactly looking forward to it as such but hopefully we can overcome the difficult conditions and scrape a win. Weather set to be cold but dry so the game has a decent chance of going ahead. Wrap up well folks.

What's the chances of this ****er being on? My train home is for a set time so if I get down and the ******* is called off, I'll either have to pay a decent sum or (shudder) spend an afternoon in Coatbridge.

Coatbridge. I can't even go to Glasgow as my ticket is from Coatdkye to Haymarket then Dundee.

dry yer eyes ya big soft pansey

Archived