Nightclubs

Piracy

That was a place I never went to but heard a lot about it.

In the 80's early 90's been to go to Rainbow Rocks in Stirling, Melvilles in Livingston, Jackio's Bentleys Kirkcaldy, Dillingers in Inverness, Ice Factory in Perth, Annabels Edinburgh, Ballroom was up there at that time.

You knew what you were getting lol

At pushing £5 a pint, folk cant afford these all day and all nighters without it being an occasion of sorts.  Unless, perhaps, you are happy sat in Wetherspoons for 12hours.  Folk would rather a few in the house and head to a pub when its starts getting livelier around 9pm/10pm too.

In my experience I can't remember the last time we had a drink in the house before heading out. If I'm out, it tends to be an all day  number, pub from early afternoon whether it be in town or at the local. Pints are closer to the £3 mark than £5, unless you are smashing out Peroni's all day.

Club Tropicana is still in operation in both Dundee and Aberdeen. I have been to both (and pulled off some fantastic moves on the dance floor in one and fell asleep in the other).

Oh and clubs are usually gash. I would much rather just stay in a decent pub having a laugh and being able to talk to folk. Clubs in my view encourage the harmful drinking habits of so many in the way they are set up (music blaring so loud you can barely hear folk, darker lighting, who they let in etc).

My memory tells me Pernod and blackcurrant or snakebite or even lager n lime followed by some erection section music by the likes of The Commodores. Failing that it was solo towards the baked tattie van for some exotic cuisine. 

Perfectly sums up my early years in the ballroom too Scotty :D...apart from spewing up the pernod and black a few hours later

Archived