Title Chances?

D.A.F.C

I have to say that I'm having serious doubts about whether we have the right players and tactics to win this league.

In the last few games we've suddenly stopped playing football and resorted to some bizarre ineffective long ball game that bypasses all our best players and plays right into the hands of the opposition.

Paton get dropped?

Cardle looks lost, cuts inside with no final ball.

Fais, back to the ineffective greedy player he was last season.

Midfield, Byrne excellent when given time and space but this isn't going to happen most weeks. He's too slight to play in this league. Geggan is left with it all to do without Falkingham. McCabe has been a waste of a signing. Also Courier, we sign him then stop playing him when we play a long ball game? This doesn't make sense.

AJ said he would play football but it's all fallen apart very quickly. Serious doubts now about our ability to challenge Ayr.

We need to play Josh and Paton and start trying to play football again.

Cowden, St Mirren and today. Terrible games to watch and very very poor stupid tactics.

IMO, we have to win this league to get out of it.  I have no confidence in us having what it takes to get promotion via play-offs any more.

With the players that we have, we should have more than enough about us to win the league this season.

The lack of a Plan B has been a concern of mine for a while now - we seem to really struggle if we go behind, or get pulled back.

Not too much to worry about while the gap is only 3 points, thanks to our goal difference, but if the gap becomes any bigger than that, it becomes more of an issue IMO.

Employing the long ball means a long haul.

We need to try and attack, ball on the ground, using the parks width and even direct through the middle of the park to get that ball into the box. We have players that can and do score if the chances are put in front of them.

It'll come good again but we need to show we're good enough by beating Ayr in the league in a few weeks, easily the biggest game of the season so far given their form. I believe we can beat them.

I also believe we can win this league as long as we don't drift from the top team if we're not fronting the league ourselves.

Archived