Would you sacrifice a Cup run?

Deutsch Par

I agree that we should always look to do well in both.  However, the Cups are a bonus - we HAVE to get out of this League this season.  There are still enough big teams in the Championship (plus possibly Dundee United next season) to make it exciting for the fans, and lucrative for the Club.

The only trophy I'm interested in this season is the League 1 trophy.  End of.

Dear Santa

Give me a well played defeat in the Cup, with Ayr going on a run of poorly attend ties against small teams. With each game going to a poorly attended replay at great distance. They then get chucked out after a plum draw against Celtic because they had fielded an ineligible player in the previous round.

I have been a good boy this year (I wasn't as good as I fist said)

For me the only real reason I want to see us beat Ayr this coming weekend in the cup is to boost our lads confidence.

I want the league though to be our absolute focus simply because I'm a bit worried of the longer term effects of failing to win promotion. Given the progress the club has made thus far, promotion is almost vital to keep us going.

For me the only real reason I want to see us beat Ayr this coming weekend in the cup is to boost our lads confidence.

I want the league though to be our absolute focus simply because I'm a bit worried of the longer term effects of failing to win promotion. Given the progress the club has made thus far, promotion is almost vital to keep us going.

So what would the point be of keeping the club running if we aren't going to be interested in tournaments?

Also aside from boosting the team's confidence, surely winning this game will result in more prize money and potentially more funds from the next round depending on who we draw (although if we did get through I'd be wanting a HL, LL or Junior team away should any be left).

So what would the point be of keeping the club running if we aren't going to be interested in tournaments?

Also aside from boosting the team's confidence, surely winning this game will result in more prize money and potentially more funds from the next round depending on who we draw (although if we did get through I'd be wanting a HL, LL or Junior team away should any be left).

Only my opinion. From a personal perspective I'm not that bothered about a cup run. If it happens then it can only be a positive. Like I said the league is No:1 priority. Any money we pick up in a cup run will be nothing compared to the financial damage done by having to restructure to go part time because we didn't win promotion .......which we will :-)

Archived