Hamilton

SanguinePar

Dorrans can’t get around the pitch like he used to. That’s obvious because of his age, but that’s why you have guys like Allan, Todd and Pybus. 
He’s still a good player. Both Grant and Hughes thought enough of him to make him captain 

Edited by Raymie

Just now, Raymie said:

Dorrans can’t get around the pitch like he used to. That’s obvious because of his age, but that’s why you have guys like Allan, Todd and Pybus. 
He’s still a good player. Both Grant and Hughes thought enough of him to make him captain 

He should have never got a 2 year deal and will be lucky if his legs last that long.

Hes always looking for the easy pass and he didn't behave in the way a captain should at Ayr away.

• Upvote 1

We all need to get our expectations in the right place - avoiding relegation this season is now the goal, that`s all. Next season may be different but we`re joint bottom nearly half way through the season given what`s gone so far, so thats all there is to try to achieve this year. Get your head around that or you`ll be disappointed each weekend right through till next April

• Upvote 1

Even though that doesn’t look like a penalty, let’s not forgot how gutless our performance was. Lack of effort and 2nd to every ball, absolutely disgusting performance. Is yogi been told he has to play Todd and McCann as there is definitely better options sitting on the bench than them two? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Raymie said:

He was basically playing centre half yesterday he was dropping that deep to get the ball, no wonder we couldn’t get up the pitch most of the time 

Just now, kelty_par said:

Even though that doesn’t look like a penalty, let’s not forgot how gutless our performance was. Lack of effort and 2nd to every ball, absolutely disgusting performance. Is yogi been told he has to play Todd and McCann as there is definitely better options sitting on the bench than them two? 

I was thinking that yesterday too,are our new owners telling yogi to play the younger players? 

7 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

Yogi doesn’t strike me as the type of manager who would accept that kind of boardroom meddling tbh. 

Then god knows why he’s playing the two boys named above, when Todd went off at inverness and pybus came on it completely turned the game for us. I just want us to play our best starting 11,  and I know everyone’s opinions are different 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Then god knows why he’s playing the two boys named above, when Todd went off at inverness and pybus came on it completely turned the game for us. I just want us to play our best starting 11,  and I know everyone’s opinions are different 

It’s pure guesswork from me but I would be amazed that he would take a job knowing there was that sort of boardroom interference planned. 

5 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

It’s pure guesswork from me but I would be amazed that he would take a job knowing there was that sort of boardroom interference planned. 

Same here as I’m just guessing too, I would be surprised if that was the case but this one up front experiment needs to stop, half the time the ball just bypass the midfield anyway so don’t see the point chucking more bodies in there 

8 minutes ago, scottyboy said:

Hard to tell from those pictures on my phone, maybe hits his arm or chest. Goalkeeper misjudged the cross. I take it Dorrans had been booked earlier in the game, hence the sending off. Its definitely not deliberate handball imo. Looks like he trying to chest it away. 

No - referee judged it as a straight red - denying obvious goal scoring opportunity with handball.  

I must admit i watched the video a couple of times and what doesn’t help Dorrans case is his body shape - BUT I think it’s clear enough and should have been clear enough view for the ref to say no handball. Think Yogi is right, Munro guessed. 

Regardless, that performance was dreadful.  And I don’t see elsewhere in the squad much we can rotate to improve from within.  Big January coming.

Edited by Rossmcno1
Wording

There will be a lot more of this before the end of the season. It's about avoiding relegation, nothing more, nothing less. That yesterday was utterly woeful and worrying given Hamilton are pish. I left 10 minutes before the end. Got a quick pint before getting the minibus. 

• Upvote 1