This time 3 years ago

Deutsch Par

I have to admit that I had fallen out of love with football and the way the Club was being run just before the time that all these things were coming to light, almost to the point where I wasn't really bothered if the Club folded or not.

Once the truth started to come out though, I had a complete change of heart, and was proud to be a part of something which i still think is the envy (disguised as bitter jealousy) of the fans of many clubs.  Something like the CC Lifeline for example, where people are still digging deep every month, is a fantastic scheme.

It is a credit to our fanbase that we mobilised a campaign almost overnight to save our Club, whilst the likes of Rangers, with a massive fan base, opted for in-fighting and the rallying call of a "white knight" (which never really came) to save them.

In some respects, I think what happened to our Club was maybe for the best, as it completely changed the thinking of the Club, the people running it, and reunited the fans behind the cause.

Winning the title for me this year would be extra special.  We have a real community club now, and something that we can and should all be very proud of, and grateful for.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The club used to talk about being a 'community club' but it was nothing of the sort previously. It regularly alienated fans and appeared to have folk running it who actually didn't know how football worked. I mind me and some friends were chucked out of and banned from Legends for singing Pars songs after a league cup quarter final win. The bouncers, because they were monumental cowards, then threatened me and my friend as apparently we'd slagged them (we hadn't, others had, although because we were younger and smaller they thought they would try and act hard). And we used to go to Legends a lot, not just before or after games. Legends was set up to alienate fans though, with it's ****ey sports memoribila and tat.

Seemingly the security room used to have photos of Section E of the Norrie as they/us were seen as trouble makers because they sung at swore at games (this was in about 03-06). 

I was once refused entry to East End because I was singing on the way to the game.

This was alluded to by Margaret Ross at the Supporters Council meeting.  How they would go on about wanting fans' representation on the board, when what they did was selected two trust members (no election, the club chose the representatives) onto the board at Pitreavie as a pathetic cop out.  Both trust members ended up resigning.

Found the Masterton keypad fail

Whilst I accept there is a need to move on we as fans should never forget what actually went on during that year. It will provide the platform for a long and secure future. We are definitely moving in the right direction and should strive to keep on improving using our moral and inclusive stance as a base. I believe that in such a short time we have gone from being on the verge of fInancial and moral bankruptcy to being pioneers in the Scottish game. This club is ours now and I hope that remains the same forever and a day.

I was one of those threatened by Ms Masterton for posting lies and misinformation.

I went to a meeting with her and her face was a picture when she realised who I was and that I had been at all the meetings I was quoting the contents off.

She was not happy when my legal advisor explained to her that the truth is not libellous. 

My lifetime ban from East end lasted all of 10 days lol

Was a long 10 days but worth it and I'd do it all again but this time I'd make sure dotnet remained down.

Archived