FA Cup Replays

Vinnie

So the FA is thinking about stopping FA Cup replays.  The nostalgic romantic in me really wishes that the FA Cup could still be regarded as the premier domestic competition in England.  Those days are long gone it seems, but why devalue it further? 

FA pandering to a handful of clubs, rather than the majority, which sounds vaguely familiar.

Should these competitions be settled on the day?  What alternative suggestions do folk have?

Seems it's just done to suit a few of the top clubs, as you say.

I would have replays in the FA cup until the semi finals. Same with the Scottish cup (although I think this is the case now, and there are plenty of other changes I'd make). In fact was our replay against Hibs in 07 not the last semi final replay in the Scottish cup?

BBC did a round up of some fantastic replay memories.  Giggs goal against Arsenal in the Treble season, a 4 - 4 Merseyside derby. 

And then there is the big pay day for wee clubs.  These pay days set up your Aldershot's or your Accrington's for a few years. 

BBC did a round up of some fantastic replay memories.  Giggs goal against Arsenal in the Treble season, a 4 - 4 Merseyside derby. 

And then there is the big pay day for wee clubs.  These pay days set up your Aldershot's or your Accrington's for a few years. 

Ugh. This sort of **** needs to be banned. Consider yourself reported.

Archived