Queensferry Crossing - Photo Heavy !

JR Ewing

One of my favourite walks in the Kingdom, or indeed anywhere, is the Forth Road Bridge. It's become a lot more interesting recently (not because of the structural problems) with the construction of the new Queensferry Crossing. Over it's construction I've been down taking quite a few photos (anything but professional ones it has to be said). So with over 1/3 of the deck in place ahead of its opening later this year, thought it would be a good idea to have thread sharing peoples pictures of the construction of this rather impressive looking bridge.

Going back to June 2013 here, and the concrete foundations were being prepared.

2w4b1qp.jpg

e8wrxu.jpg

106xdgm.jpg

Zoom forward to July 2014 and the towers start to rise from the water

289bhiu.jpg

jja0jl.jpg

vd1nie.jpg

xc0yvk.jpg

Few shots from under South Queensferry

2441kwz.jpg

241t63a.jpg

2hejyb9.jpg

Now into June 2015 and the towers are getting closer to reaching their peak

263edzs.jpg

34ee005.jpg

2n6xmv8.jpg

Fast forward to this month. The towers are now complete, and the road decking is taking shape.

2vbn5hu.jpg

1h2seh.jpg

Looks pretty impressive at night too ;)

jzk8lh.jpg

Thanks for looking, and would be good to see any photos that others have taken.

Think the closure of the bridge to all vehicles in December really helped them plough on full steam ahead with the roadworks. Agreed though that, by and large, the congestion (or lack of) has been really good.

Read last week that they will open the new bridge to pedestrians before they open it to traffic. Can't wait for that.

Although, would be even better if I could just get a walk across the Rail Bridge !

Archived